Windows 10: Open shell menu

Discus and support Open shell menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone know if Open Shell Menu will work in win 11 ? 181208 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lucydog, Jun 17, 2021.

1. lucydog Win User

Open shell menu

Anyone know if Open Shell Menu will work in win 11 ?

:)

lucydog, Jun 17, 2021
  2. RoyDen Win User

how make open shell start menu icon overwrite w10 start menu

Lance1
    I installed Open Shell 4.4.142. No change.

Any other suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve C

Mouse Hover (under Control Tab) does nothing. I hover over the W10 Start menu icon and nothings happens.

Then I changed all options to Open-Shell Menu. Nothing changes.

I want the W10 start menu icon replaced by the Open Shell menu like it worked for classic shell in W7.
    I do not even want to see the W10 start menu.

Any other suggestions?

RoyDen, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User

I have these set - you need to log out and in for the changes to apply.

Open shell menu [​IMG]

Open shell menu [​IMG]

Steve C, Jun 17, 2021
  4. RoyDen Win User

Open shell menu

Steve C

I tried all those options you suggested and it stopped showing the Open Shell menu completely.

I think you mean I should tick the options button for Open Shell menu and not the Windows shell menu. Which is what I did before and still no change. I have to click the W10 menu button, then wait for the Open Shell menu button, then click that and then I get the menu.

Still, I only want the Open Shell menu to appear on both task bars on either screen.

Bytheway
    - why do your screen dumps say Classic Start menu when mine say Open Shell menu.
    - Plus I do not use login/logout, I reboot.
    - Plus none of these options say to hide the W10 menu incon

Any other thoughts?

RoyDen, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Open shell menu

1. Open shell menu - Similar Threads - Open shell menu

2. open shell

in Windows 10 Customization
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  3. open shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open shell: on my windows 10 pc i had installed open shell and it worked fine for awhile. But notice it not working correctly so i tried to uninstall it which in the past worked just fine. After i saw it not working correctly I tried to uninstall it. the option asks if i want to close...
  4. open shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Insert Separator into Open Shell Start Menu?

Insert Separator into Open Shell Start Menu?: Windows 10 20H2 I'm not sure how to check the version number of Open Shell that's running on my system. In the help file it says "Version 4.3.1 general release." I'd like to insert a separator line into the Open Shell Start Menu. I was warned against posting in the Open Shell...
  6. Open Shell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open Shell: Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just don't know how to do it or locate the back up. Any help? submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments]...
  7. Open Shell: Change Start Menu Colors?

Open Shell: Change Start Menu Colors?: Hi, I'm new to Windows 10 and haven't been able to make sense of the its Start menu, so I just installed Open Shell. The default Start menu has white letters on a black background, which is hard on my aging eyeballs. I'd like to change it to black letters on a light gray...
  8. Classic Shell/Open Shell users.... cant move/modify start menu items?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell/Open Shell users.... cant move/modify start menu items?: So ive been using classic shell and its new incarnation for years. I have had it running on my two workhorses and figured its time to shove it over to my laptop. I did so, but for some reason when I try to move shortcuts into a new folder etc, I'm greeted with "Destination...
  9. Shell Menu New

Shell Menu New: One of Nir Sofer's brilliant and helpful utilities. Controls what's displayed on the context menu New section. Personally, I only want Shortcut and Folder but MS slaps all office programs in there frequently. In the File menu There is a Save Selected Items choice which opens...
  10. Shell Menu New

in Windows 10 Support
    Shell Menu New: One of Nir Sofer's brilliant and helpful utilities. Controls what's displayed on the context menu New section. Personally, I only want Shortcut and Folder but MS slaps all office programs in there frequently. In the File menu There is a Save Selected Items choice which opens...