Windows 10: Open Shell

Discus and support Open Shell in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iusetiktokandreddit, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Open Shell

Those who use or have used Open Shell in the past may understand. I wanted to use a backup which is like an "xslm" file or something like that. I just don't know how to do it or locate the back up. Any help?

submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iusetiktokandreddit, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Open Shell

Okay if you've got it launching on boot and there are still problems I'd be inclined to uncheck the boot option then uninstall it and maybe try ethel's suggestion.

Callender, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Mcd73165 Win User
    WINDOWS 10 Updated, Open-Shell stopped working, bad desktop reappeared

sethian, I suggest you uninstall then reinstall open-shell. Or uninstall open-shell and install classic-shell which seems to work fine for me.

Mcd73165, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Open Shell

Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Open Shell

1. Open Shell - Similar Threads - Open Shell

2. what us open shell, it wants to upgrade my pc????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what us open shell, it wants to upgrade my pc????: Should I allow "open shell" to upgrade my pc??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-us-open-shell-it-wants-to-upgrade-my-pc/31e70aed-fbb2-4d9e-95fc-b30f73dfa532
  3. Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Open Shell 4.4.152 Disappears: Recently I was getting a message from MS about some program I needed to install and they kept after me to install it so I finally did install it. I have never had a problem since I installed Open Shell a long time age. Since the recent updates on 4/2/21 my Open Shell menu...
  4. SOLVED: Can't get Open Shell to show Win 7-type Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SOLVED: Can't get Open Shell to show Win 7-type Start Menu: I've used Open Shell a few times before, and once I set the Start Menu Style to "Classic style" (one column) and rebooted, I got just what I wanted. But I just finished an in-place repair install and did the same thing again, I simply cannot get the Classic Start Menu....
  5. After installing Open-Shell, my Xbox app and game bar has square icons instead of circle ones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After installing Open-Shell, my Xbox app and game bar has square icons instead of circle ones.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/poteto64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyh5r0/after_installing_openshell_my_xbox_app_and_game/
  6. Keep Console Open after running power shell script through task scheduler

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keep Console Open after running power shell script through task scheduler: I am running a powershell script using task scheduler: Program/Script: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Add arguments optional: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\JO.ps1 This works fine. However I want the powershell console to remain open. After...
  7. WINDOWS 10 Updated, Open-Shell stopped working, bad desktop reappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    WINDOWS 10 Updated, Open-Shell stopped working, bad desktop reappeared: I have no clue how to use the awful Windows 10 interface (was forced from Windows 7 last year). Windows updated itself last night and, while I was working on the computer, it stopped Open-Shell from working and completely reverted to its own user-unfriendly system. I...
  8. The action can't be completed because the file is open in Shell Infrastructure Host after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The action can't be completed because the file is open in Shell Infrastructure Host after...: I have used the Photos app to quickly edit video clips for some time. Since updating to Windows 10 version 2004 a couple months ago, I randomly encounter this error message when attempting to delete a clip I have edited, even after closing Photos and other open programs....
  9. Open Shell: Change Start Menu Colors?

Open Shell: Change Start Menu Colors?: Hi, I'm new to Windows 10 and haven't been able to make sense of the its Start menu, so I just installed Open Shell. The default Start menu has white letters on a black background, which is hard on my aging eyeballs. I'd like to change it to black letters on a light gray...
  10. Help with Open Shell customizations

Help with Open Shell customizations: I've managed to set almost everything like I want except two things: I'd like the menu to be higher (it's currently lower than how it is in W7), and I'd like to change the behaviour of the "Control Panel" button in the menu: it always opens Control Panel with the "View by"...