Windows 10: Open Shell's shutdown procedure is not the same as Window 10's shutdown

Discus and support Open Shell's shutdown procedure is not the same as Window 10's shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use Open Shell (the Windows 7-like start menu replacement). The shutdown button there is different from the default Windows 10 shutdown. First off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a5920, Mar 6, 2020.

1. /u/a5920 Win User

Open Shell's shutdown procedure is not the same as Window 10's shutdown

I use Open Shell (the Windows 7-like start menu replacement). The shutdown button there is different from the default Windows 10 shutdown. First off, it doesn't ask for confirmation to shutdown. More importantly, once you shutdown and start the computer again, programs do not begin loading on the lock screen. W10 made a change some time ago that made it so that when you startup the computer, everything begins loading immediately as soon as you hit the lock screen. This ensured everything that starts on startup is loaded by the time you login. Why isn't it the same with Open Shell? Is there any trick to get this working with Open Shell?

submitted by /u/a5920
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a5920, Mar 6, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Mar 6, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Well i always use the shutdown button and apparently Win10 Pro don't actually shutdown unless you turn off hibernation, well i don't want to do that, i just want the shutdown do just what it should shutdown and hibernation to to do just that lol.

So anyone know the reg key or if there is some thing in the administrative tools that makes shutdown mean just that ?.

What i have noticed is when your on a upgrade from win7 some times it shutdown and some time's it hibernated how ever this is not the case with a fresh install of Win10.

I believe this is a option that spawned in with Win8 and has carried over to win 10.

Open Shell's shutdown procedure is not the same as Window 10's shutdown uptime.jpg

AsRock, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Duh, you're right.

r - restart
    s - shutdown

full shutdown command is:

shutdown /s /t 0

Drone, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Open Shell's shutdown procedure is not the same as Window 10's shutdown - Similar Threads - Open Shell's shutdown

2. windows not shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows not shutdown: specifyi7 12700frtx 307032gb ram 3200 mhz1to ssd nvmeWhen I tried to shut down windows, it goes into sleep mode and yahI tried checking the integrity of the filespower managersys configuration > normal startup>selective startups> start up diagnosisI checked the bios in the...
  3. Shutdown not really shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown not really shutdown: After years of useing windows shutdown Dose not shutdown the machine however it do like sleep option without sleep lol, fastboot killing my hdd drive and i got startup and shutdown issus becouse of it whatever know that it would really shutdown when u turn fastboot option off...
  4. Windows 10 Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown: HiWhat Happened to the Windows 10 Shutdown button?Disappeared from Start Button options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shutdown/789ba65c-a1dd-4cac-826d-acc350da7ab9
  5. Windows 10's shutdown dialog box delays

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10's shutdown dialog box delays: Hello. When I press ALT + F4, Windows 10's shutdown dialog box delays too long. But in past it appears instantly. Please help. [img] 157332
  6. Windows 10 Shutdown

Windows 10 Shutdown: Hello,[ATTACH] I'm having this issue recently ,when i restart or shutdown my computer the shutting down screen is having some window popping up for a split second and then it shutdown I took a video and slowed it down by 1/16 and i got this .this screen stays for a...
  7. Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Hangs in Shutdown, Then Forces Improper Shutdown: Hi! This is my first time with the forums. I have been experiencing an issue for quite some time. When I shutdown my PC it goes through all the usual things (shuts down usb periphs. monitors, etc) and then you would expect it to turn off right?; Except.. it doesn't..... not...
  8. Windows 10 shutdown procedure wake up every idle hdd???

Windows 10 shutdown procedure wake up every idle hdd???: Hi there, My comp is equipped with one sdd system disk and 5 hdd's as storage.. cause I want to keep it fast and quiet every hdd is set to idle after 5 mins until need for data and then it spins up.. it is ok because i rare use some hdd's.. Problem is when i want to...
  9. Windows hangs following normal shutdown procedure

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hangs following normal shutdown procedure: After using the start/power options to shut down the PC it goes into the clue background screen with the revolving circle of white dots and just stays like hat for hours. 55468
  10. Difference between shutdown /p and shutdown /s ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between shutdown /p and shutdown /s ?: Hello, I followed Brink's tutorial here: Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 And I saw that there are 2 ways to fully shutdown Windows through cmd: /s and /p. What is the difference between these 2, if both of them are said to perform a full shutdown? Thanks 39792

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open shell shutdown ineffective