Windows 10: Open single audio files and still use Foobar for albums

Discus and support Open single audio files and still use Foobar for albums in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hopefully this will make sense once I try to explain it. I have a folder of about 3000 mp3s that I have collected over the years. I have Foobar2000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g41851, Dec 2, 2018.

1. g41851 Win User

Open single audio files and still use Foobar for albums

Hopefully this will make sense once I try to explain it.

I have a folder of about 3000 mp3s that I have collected over the years.

I have Foobar2000 installed and am using that as my main music player and it's working really great and I'm happy with it. However, can I install an audio player to just open these single mp3 files without messing up what Foobar2000 is doing?

For example, I would like to double click on an mp3 and have it open up as a single instance in an audio player rather than having to dig through this folder in Foobar2000.

I'm not keen on using Windows Media Player for privacy reasons. I'm sure there's something lightweight out there that I can use, right?

Hopefully this all makes sense.

:)

g41851, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Groove Shows Unknown Artist & Unknown Album

I solved it by doing the following! I'm not sure which step cracked the problem.

1. Set indexing to index the content of my music files by right clicking on the top level folder, setting the option and applying to all files and sub-folders
    2. Rebuilt the index via the Control Panel Indexing options
    3. Deleted the folders watched in Groove
    4. Deleted the Groove database at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_<random>\LocalState\Database
    5. Started Groove
    6. Reassigned the folders to watch

All songs now appear with the right artist & album but some album art was missing in Groove and Media Player despite being displayed correctly in iTunes. I manually updated the missing album art in Media Player and Groove then synchronised to match the Media Player album art.

Steve C, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Open single audio files and still use Foobar for albums

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Open single audio files and still use Foobar for albums

1. Open single audio files and still use Foobar for albums - Similar Threads - Open single audio

2. single click to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  3. single click to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    single click to open: I have an issue as my laptop switched to single click to open by itself and now iam having a hard time with it i really want to fix it soon back to double click . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-to-open/62914780-06c6-4b6e-b650-0db0bb798ba9
  4. single click to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Who Still Uses File Manager?

Who Still Uses File Manager?: If you don't still use File Manager, I am sure it brings back memories for at least some of you. And some of you younger ones may not even know what I am talking about. I first discovered it in Windows 3.1. It was around before and after that, and even still available in...
  6. File Explorer STILL not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer STILL not opening: Greetings, File Explorer has not been opening for at least a month. I have followed Microsoft's given steps in Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start multiple times with no success. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks, Matt...
  7. Single/double-click to open file in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Single/double-click to open file in Explorer: Recently my Windows 10 Home has changed from double-click to open files to single-click and underlining files as hyperlinks, even though it is set to double-click in folder options. I have restored the default settings as shown below but this has made no difference. Using the...
  8. How to open a "~$" audio file?

How to open a "~$" audio file?: I accidentally deleted some important audio files permanently and I used a recovery software to recover the files. However, the files shown in the software had "$" in front of their names (see the image below). They are still in normal audio formats like M4A and AMR, however,...
  9. album to file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    album to file: I have a photo album that I want to get into a file so I can upload it. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/album-to-file/51b814fa-998e-4382-83b1-c992af3b67b8"
  10. Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Audio Issue, Intermittent audio in WMP, and FOOBAR 2k: Okay so this started all of a sudden with no warning or anything. I was playing a game while listening to music on WMP, then suddenly my computer started freezing up and being slow. The audio would cut in and out of WMP, and Discord a VOIP app. I finally restarted my computer...