Windows 10: Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

Discus and support Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am at a point where I need better control over my files. I have many across many drives. My archiving project and going paperless will create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

I am at a point where I need better control over my files.

I have many across many drives.

My archiving project and going paperless will create a multitude of new ones.

It seems like a management system might help.

Lost in all the hits in response to
    "Open source document management Windows 10."

Any recommendations for a good user-friendly app?

Thanks for any thoughts.

:)

mikeincousa, Apr 13, 2019
  2. RevoLand Win User

Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager (SLM) is a tool to manage your Steam Libraries quick and easy. With SLM you can administrate all of your games and backups from one place. Drag and drop between libraries and backup folders with ease. Works with existing Steam Backups or opt to use SLM's open system for fast updates and quick access to game files.

Benefits to using SLM over Steam Backup:
    • Backups can be updated quickly. No need to recreate the entire backup from scratch.
    • Backup files are open and easily accessible.
    • Workshop content and mods such as ENB, ReShade, and SweetFX get backed up automatically.
    • Faster backups, faster restores, works with or without Steam running.
    • Compression is available for those who want to keep things lean.
    • Built-in library cleaner for leftovers.
    • Free & Open-Source, MIT license.
    Screenshots:

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations LibraryTab.png

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations TaskManagerTab.png

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations LibraryCleanerTab.png

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations SettingsTab.png

Links:
    Latest Release (v1.4.4)
    GitHub Page (Sources)
    Steam Group

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

RevoLand, Apr 13, 2019
  3. AMD and Mentor Graphics Accelerating Open-Source Development for Embedded Systems

AMD today announced a multi-year agreement with Mentor Graphics Corporation to expand availability of open-source embedded Linux development for heterogeneous and multi-core processors from AMD. Dedicated to providing embedded developers with a more manageable and focused open source framework, the agreement will provide embedded developers with more supported processor options, robust development tools, and greater speed in open platform development.

As a Yocto Project compatible product, Mentor Embedded Linux will now bring standardized features and tools, and ensure quick access to the latest Board Support Packages (BSPs) for AMD 64-bit x86 architecture beginning with the upcoming AMD Embedded G-Series system-on-a-chip (SoC) (codenamed: "Steppe Eagle") and AMD Embedded R-Series APU/CPU (codenamed: "Bald Eagle").

Embedded systems developers will have comprehensive access to the Mentor Embedded Linux development platform for customized embedded Linux development and commercial support, as well as a no-cost Mentor Embedded Linux Lite derivative providing all the essentials to evaluate Linux on AMD embedded processors.

To address the growing complexity of embedded systems, embedded developers will also have access to Sourcery CodeBench for greater insight into system execution, performance and debugging applications in Linux-based embedded systems.

"Partnering with the largest independent embedded Linux and tools vendor in the market today is an exciting step forward as we continue to invest in the embedded market," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. "We are providing the embedded development community an opportunity for choice, and this agreement with Mentor Graphics brings the embedded community an open-source platform to help tailor and expand their development."

"Mentor Graphics is excited to partner with AMD when you look at their vision and product portfolio of innovative technologies for embedded solutions," said Scot Morrison, general manager of embedded runtime solutions, Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division. "We look forward to delivering the industry's most robust open-source development ecosystem to market with the upcoming AMD Embedded G- and R-Series products."

Key Features, Benefits and Support
    As part of the agreement between AMD and Mentor Graphics, embedded developers will have access to the following customized embedded Linux development products:

Mentor Embedded Linux Lit
    • Free enablement for evaluation and prototyping for the upcoming AMD "Steppe Eagle" and "Bald Eagle" products
    • Yocto Project compliant
    • Binary images of root file system and kernel
    • Access to sources for all open source components
    • Seamless migration to commercially supported Mentor Embedded Linux
    Mentor Embedded Linux
    • Commercial terms for project development including bug fixes, security patches, and product updates
    • Eclipse based Sourcery CodeBench development environment and data trace analysis and visualization capabilities
    • Customizability for unique project needs including custom BSP development, back porting and long term support
    Sourcery CodeBench Lite
    • Complete GNU based C/C++ development and debug tool chain for custom Linux target platform development
    • Windows and Linux host-based development options

Cristian_25H, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

1. Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations - Similar Threads - Open source document

2. Opening documents

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Opening documents: Hi All I seem to be stuck with windows opening all my documents as pictures or in picture format. Won't let me select any other option. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-documents/e3c76a53-fe2b-4a65-8e9c-a51b62c197db"
  3. document manager 2016 h

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    document manager 2016 h: I deleted document manager 2016 as it didn't perform as advertised. How do i get refunded? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-manager-2016-h/382529f1-2b0d-49de-a716-2bc7b1599d1a"
  4. Opening documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening documents: When I click on a document to open it, I sometimes get a flashing orange box next to the normal blue box on the taskbar. When I click on the flashing orange box, the document opens. Is it telling me something needs to be fixed?...
  5. Opening Windows Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Windows Documents: All of a sudden my Windows docs open up in half sheets from top to bottom. I can fix this by dragging the bottom border down, but this never used to happen. Anybody know how to fix this. (FYI: I usually have two docs open at a time, so they are half sheets from left to right....
  6. Open source server license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Open source server license: Hello, In terms of licensing, what version of Windows is required to run a public-facing open source web server (say, Apache) for an arbitrary number of consumers? Could I use Professional, or even Home?...
  7. Opening folder in "Documents"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening folder in "Documents": I can't access a folder in "Documents" ever since I got a new computer with a Windows update. Can you help me access it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-folder-in-documents/06a648ff-341e-473d-b97e-64fc40102620
  8. Unable to open TWAIN source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open TWAIN source: CanoScan LiDE60 yes its old but you can still buy them new. Its been working well on my new Dell XPS8700 running Windows 10 for over 6 months. Suddenly I get "Unable to open TWAIN source Please check connection Then re-start Toolbox" Unplugging and plugging the connection the...
  9. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open documents: I have windows10 installed but some virus infected my firefox browser and i had no option but to refresh my pc which i didn't know would install windows again ,previously when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows7 .. i could see windows.old folder in which i had all my 7's...
  10. Microsoft open sources original File Manager from 90s for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft open sources original File Manager from 90s for Windows 10: Brilliant! I can even even choose the Explorer font which I can't do in Windows 10 - such is progress. I can navigate straight to the disk / folder - none of this library and recent stuff rubbish to navigate through!