Windows 10: Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

Discus and support Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am at a point where I need better control over my files. I have many across many drives. My archiving project and going paperless will create a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

I am at a point where I need better control over my files.

I have many across many drives.

My archiving project and going paperless will create a multitude of new ones.

It seems like a management system might help.

Lost in all the hits in response to
    "Open source document management Windows 10."

Any recommendations for a good user-friendly app?

Thanks for any thoughts.

:)

mikeincousa, Apr 13, 2019
  2. RevoLand Win User

Steam Library Manager (Free/Open-Source/C#/v1.4.4)

Steam Library Manager (SLM) is a tool to manage your Steam Libraries quick and easy. With SLM you can administrate all of your games and backups from one place. Drag and drop between libraries and backup folders with ease. Works with existing Steam Backups or opt to use SLM's open system for fast updates and quick access to game files.

Benefits to using SLM over Steam Backup:
    • Backups can be updated quickly. No need to recreate the entire backup from scratch.
    • Backup files are open and easily accessible.
    • Workshop content and mods such as ENB, ReShade, and SweetFX get backed up automatically.
    • Faster backups, faster restores, works with or without Steam running.
    • Compression is available for those who want to keep things lean.
    • Built-in library cleaner for leftovers.
    • Free & Open-Source, MIT license.
    Screenshots:

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations LibraryTab.png

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations TaskManagerTab.png

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations LibraryCleanerTab.png

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations SettingsTab.png

Links:
    Latest Release (v1.4.4)
    GitHub Page (Sources)
    Steam Group

All suggestions are welcome and will help further development of SLM.

RevoLand, Apr 13, 2019
  3. AMD and Mentor Graphics Accelerating Open-Source Development for Embedded Systems

AMD today announced a multi-year agreement with Mentor Graphics Corporation to expand availability of open-source embedded Linux development for heterogeneous and multi-core processors from AMD. Dedicated to providing embedded developers with a more manageable and focused open source framework, the agreement will provide embedded developers with more supported processor options, robust development tools, and greater speed in open platform development.

As a Yocto Project compatible product, Mentor Embedded Linux will now bring standardized features and tools, and ensure quick access to the latest Board Support Packages (BSPs) for AMD 64-bit x86 architecture beginning with the upcoming AMD Embedded G-Series system-on-a-chip (SoC) (codenamed: "Steppe Eagle") and AMD Embedded R-Series APU/CPU (codenamed: "Bald Eagle").

Embedded systems developers will have comprehensive access to the Mentor Embedded Linux development platform for customized embedded Linux development and commercial support, as well as a no-cost Mentor Embedded Linux Lite derivative providing all the essentials to evaluate Linux on AMD embedded processors.

To address the growing complexity of embedded systems, embedded developers will also have access to Sourcery CodeBench for greater insight into system execution, performance and debugging applications in Linux-based embedded systems.

"Partnering with the largest independent embedded Linux and tools vendor in the market today is an exciting step forward as we continue to invest in the embedded market," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. "We are providing the embedded development community an opportunity for choice, and this agreement with Mentor Graphics brings the embedded community an open-source platform to help tailor and expand their development."

"Mentor Graphics is excited to partner with AMD when you look at their vision and product portfolio of innovative technologies for embedded solutions," said Scot Morrison, general manager of embedded runtime solutions, Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division. "We look forward to delivering the industry's most robust open-source development ecosystem to market with the upcoming AMD Embedded G- and R-Series products."

Key Features, Benefits and Support
    As part of the agreement between AMD and Mentor Graphics, embedded developers will have access to the following customized embedded Linux development products:

Mentor Embedded Linux Lit
    • Free enablement for evaluation and prototyping for the upcoming AMD "Steppe Eagle" and "Bald Eagle" products
    • Yocto Project compliant
    • Binary images of root file system and kernel
    • Access to sources for all open source components
    • Seamless migration to commercially supported Mentor Embedded Linux
    Mentor Embedded Linux
    • Commercial terms for project development including bug fixes, security patches, and product updates
    • Eclipse based Sourcery CodeBench development environment and data trace analysis and visualization capabilities
    • Customizability for unique project needs including custom BSP development, back porting and long term support
    Sourcery CodeBench Lite
    • Complete GNU based C/C++ development and debug tool chain for custom Linux target platform development
    • Windows and Linux host-based development options

Cristian_25H, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations

1. Open source document management systems | Looking for recommenations - Similar Threads - Open source document

2. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  3. Window Sercurity action recommened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Sercurity action recommened: HelloIs this ok or do i need to do something because its got the yellow triangleThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-sercurity-action-recommened/ab01a8a0-550a-4b3b-bcf0-d9138db10a6d
  4. Where is it recommened to have Quick Access Desktop Download, Documents & Pictures when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is it recommened to have Quick Access Desktop Download, Documents & Pictures when...: Hi, we currently have all our Quick Access Desktop Download, Documents & Pictures only local on our HDD at : C:\Users\<users>\- Desktop: C:\Users\<users>\Desktop- Downloads: C:\Users\<users>\Downloads- Documents: C:\Users\<users>\Documents- Pictures:...
  5. Where is it recommened to have Quick Access Desktop Download, Documents & Pictures when...

Where is it recommened to have Quick Access Desktop Download, Documents & Pictures when...: Hi, we currently have all our Quick Access Desktop Download, Documents & Pictures only local on our HDD at : C:\Users\<users>\- Desktop: C:\Users\<users>\Desktop- Downloads: C:\Users\<users>\Downloads- Documents: C:\Users\<users>\Documents- Pictures:...
  6. Kaizala Open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  7. Kaizala Open source

Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  8. Looking for a word document

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a word document: I started an assignment for school a few weeks ago on Microsoft word (on a PC with windows 10), I’m 95% sure I saved it but apparently not cause its gone. By gone I mean it’s not in the file recovery folder, it’s not in my recycling bin, and a file recovery software was...
  9. Open source software for "tracking" and data management?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open source software for "tracking" and data management?: Can you recommend a software that I can use to manage data and track its progress, and which is easier on eyes than MS excel. I also want to create lists, graphs for comparison and personalize it for tables, background images, etc. submitted by /u/paperdoggy0 [link]...
  10. Open Source Project

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Open Source Project: Hello ! I have created a new file format with compressed animation. This is an Open Source project. I have an editor and viewer written. I have an Open Source certificate. Can I put my editor and viewer in the MicroSoft Store ? Of course for free ;-...