Windows 10: Open source server license

Discus and support Open source server license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, In terms of licensing, what version of Windows is required to run a public-facing open source web server (say, Apache) for an arbitrary number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TimE_425, Dec 28, 2018.

1. TimE_425 Win User

Open source server license

Hello,

In terms of licensing, what version of Windows is required to run a public-facing open source web server (say, Apache) for an arbitrary number of consumers? Could I use Professional, or even Home?

:)

TimE_425, Dec 28, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

HP to Contribute webOS to Open Source

HP today announced it will contribute the webOS software to the open source community. HP plans to continue to be active in the development and support of webOS. By combining the innovative webOS platform with the development power of the open source community, there is the opportunity to significantly improve applications and web services for the next generation of devices.

webOS offers a number of benefits to the entire ecosystem of web applications. For developers, applications can be easily built using standard web technologies. In addition, its single integrated stack offers multiplatform portability. For device manufacturers, it provides a single web-centric platform to run across multiple devices. As a result, the end user benefits from a fast, immersive user experience.

“webOS is the only platform designed from the ground up to be mobile, cloud-connected and scalable,” said Meg Whitman, HP president and chief executive officer. “By contributing this innovation, HP unleashes the creativity of the open source community to advance a new generation of applications and devices.”

HP will make the underlying code of webOS available under an open source license. Developers, partners, HP engineers and other hardware manufacturers can deliver ongoing enhancements and new versions into the marketplace.

HP will engage the open source community to help define the charter of the open source project under a set of operating principles:
    • The goal of the project is to accelerate the open development of the webOS platform
    • HP will be an active participant and investor in the project
    • Good, transparent and inclusive governance to avoid fragmentation
    • Software will be provided as a pure open source project
    HP also will contribute ENYO, the application framework for webOS, to the community in the near future along with a plan for the remaining components of the user space.

Beginning today, developers and customers are invited to provide input and suggestions here.

btarunr, Dec 28, 2018
  3. LucasFong Win User
    Is Windows server 2003 R2 license now open source ?

I am just wondering to ask since the Windows server 2003/2003 R2 are stopped supporting, so are they been converted to open source like Linux?

LucasFong, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Open source server license :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Open source server license - Similar Threads - Open source server

2. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  3. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  4. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  5. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  6. Kaizala Open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  7. Kaizala Open source

Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  8. Open source licenses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Open source licenses: I've got some open source licenses downloaded into my phone abseil and apache2.0 by a hacker or some sort of experiment and against my knowing. I've gone through so much stress and strange happenings with the adware and all. Now I'm no good with computers and all I own is a...
  9. Open Source Project

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Open Source Project: Hello ! I have created a new file format with compressed animation. This is an Open Source project. I have an editor and viewer written. I have an Open Source certificate. Can I put my editor and viewer in the MicroSoft Store ? Of course for free ;-...
  10. rdp license server

rdp license server: Hello , i would like to know how to reactive rdp license server for windows server 2012 R2. I just deleted : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing ) but with out result. 88985