Windows 10: Open SSH server and security concern.

Discus and support Open SSH server and security concern. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys as under W10-1903 you can enable optional feature called OpenSSH Server i gave it a try. I managed generate login keys and properly configure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4k3or3et, May 27, 2019.

1. 4k3or3et Win User

Open SSH server and security concern.

Hi Guys

as under W10-1903 you can enable optional feature called OpenSSH Server i gave it a try. I managed generate login keys and properly configure both devices so i would not have to use passwords, exactly the same way as i do on my Linux boxes.

The one thing i cannot figure out is how to disable password authentication on my W10-1903 so it would only accept login keys?

There is an file, "C:\ProgramData\ssh\sshd_config" but changing that config does not change the behavior of SSH server even after restart.

Anybody has a clue how to disable accepting passwords on W10-1903 OpenSSH server?

Thanks.

:)

4k3or3et, May 27, 2019
  2. meulie Win User

SSH client/server? VPN? RDP?

Does the N900 have an SSH-client? Or can it run as SSH server?

Support for VPN?

RDP client?

Greetings,

Evert

meulie, May 27, 2019
  3. ssh Server for Windows 10?

Hi ,

are there any news regarding ssh Server for Windows 10 ?

Nicolae Petridean, May 27, 2019
  4. dave234 Win User

How to set up a secure ssh server on Windows 10?

I am running a Windows 10 VM as a guest on a Mac host. I would like to be able to ssh into the Windows guest using ssh keys. I have found various resources, most notably this one which is great, but the author suggests using strong passwords and I prefer ssh keys. Is there a canonical method for setting up a secure* ssh server on Windows? I need the Windows guest to have full network access, so isolating it isn't an option for me.

*I understand that an open port is inherently less secure, but I feel comfortable enough if the only way in is with a private/public pair. I'm just not experienced enough to confidently do this manually, and am looking for a well beaten path.

dave234, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Open SSH server and security concern. - Similar Threads - Open SSH server

2. Security Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  3. Security Concern

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  4. Security Concern

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't install open ssh server in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install open ssh server in windows 10: I am unable to install open ssh server in windows 10. I have used the GUI method add optional featuresbut it did not work then I checked it is already installed or not using PowerShellC:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsCapability -Online ? name -like "openssh*"And the result was...
  6. Can't install open ssh server in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install open ssh server in windows 10: I am unable to install open ssh server in windows 10. I have used the GUI method add optional featuresbut it did not work then I checked it is already installed or not using PowerShellC:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-WindowsCapability -Online ? name -like "openssh*"And the result was...
  7. Can't install open ssh server in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. SSH: tasks closed with the SSH session (Minecraft Server)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSH: tasks closed with the SSH session (Minecraft Server): So i have tried running it normally wich runs it in the opened terminal. I also tried using start server.bat wich supposedly opens a separate CMD but it still closes with my session. submitted by /u/ZNOW_05 [link] [comments]...
  9. A bunch of files fail to open when connecting to a SSH server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A bunch of files fail to open when connecting to a SSH server: I have no idea what it means but it just dont work My VPS's IP, website and my name have been blocked out for security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-bunch-of-files-fail-to-open-when-connecting-to-a/6821da46-b8b8-464f-bef5-c2db889c7b17
  10. Security Concerns

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Concerns: A while ago when I uploaded a file to virustotal it was clean but when I uploaded the same file a month later it says 1 antivirus says its malicious Does that make it safe then?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. openssh server windows 10 1903