Windows 10: Open Star Menu with "All Programs"

Discus and support Open Star Menu with "All Programs" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I often feel the need to open the start menu and to open the "all programs" tab. Is there any option on windows to open in this mode? It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rui Filipe Norte, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Open Star Menu with "All Programs"

Hi all,

I often feel the need to open the start menu and to open the "all programs" tab.

Is there any option on windows to open in this mode? It is pretty common on macOS and on Linux.

No sure if this deserves a button to allow this function.

:)

Rui Filipe Norte, Aug 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Star Menu Will Not Open.

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted file. For us to identify the cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current build number and version of Windows do you have?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When was the last time that you were able to open the Start menu?
    • Have you encountered any error messages when opening the Start menu?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the last 2 troubleshooting methods given on this article:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. heartog Win User

Open Star Menu with "All Programs"

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Open Star Menu with "All Programs"

1. Open Star Menu with "All Programs" - Similar Threads - Open Star Menu

2. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  3. Start menu not opening at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not opening at all: I just recently reset my whole pc and ever since the fresh start, my start menu doesn't show up.I'll click the windows key, on my keyboard and nothing comes up. I try and type on my desktop to search my computer and that doesn't show up either. I've already restarted both my...
  4. I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU: Light, I did something in settings on settings showing some actions recommend I think security related and restarted the computer. After that, this problem will start. If I click on this menu nothing is happening , all the other apps in the taskbar are working normally. If I...
  5. I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU

I CAN'T BE ABLE TO OPEN STAR MENU, SEARCH MENU , WIFI MENU AND DATE AND TIME MENU: Light, I did something in settings on settings showing some actions recommend I think security related and restarted the computer. After that, this problem will start. If I click on this menu nothing is happening , all the other apps in the taskbar are working normally. If I...
  6. Adding programs to "open with" menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding programs to "open with" menu?: Is there are a way to add additional programs to the "open with" menu, instead of having to alway click the "choose another app" option. ~Before anyone suggest it, i know once you choose another app you can click the box to always use that program for that particular file....
  7. Adding programs to "open with" menu?

Adding programs to "open with" menu?: Is there are a way to add additional programs to the "open with" menu, instead of having to alway click the "choose another app" option. ~Before anyone suggest it, i know once you choose another app you can click the box to always use that program for that particular file....
  8. Adding programs to "open with" menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Star menu/start screen

Star menu/start screen: After Latest update of Windows 10 attempting to access start results in 'critical fault we will try to fix the problem on next sign in' sign out now. been going on for days, luckily if I don't press windows icon or key I can access computer. Reported in feedback but no help...
  10. Star Menu randomly opens by itself

Star Menu randomly opens by itself: Randomly the start menu opens. I don't know why and I don't know how to solve it. Please help me. This thing is really annoying because if it happens while I'm playing, the game windows minimize. Nootebook Asus N551JX...