Windows 10: Open Task Manager directly to Details

Discus and support Open Task Manager directly to Details in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details? 39599 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Feb 2, 2016.

1. tcebob Win User

Open Task Manager directly to Details

Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details?

:)

tcebob, Feb 2, 2016

2. Windows 10: Random freezes following March 2017 updates

Additional details: In an attempt to determine what program or process is causing the freeze, I left the computer on with Task Manager open. When the freeze happened, two processes were hogging nearly all of the CPU:
    Windows Modules Installer Worker and
    Disk Space Cleanup Manager for Windows. This leads me to suspect that the problem does come directly from Microsoft. Now, how about a solution, Mr. Gates?

K GBaysinger, Feb 2, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Task Manager

Open Task Manager and click on "More details."

BulldogXX, Feb 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I don't have answer to your question except to say that Task Manager opens the way it was closed.
    If it was closed in Details mode, it opens in Details mode.
    Does it do the same in your computer ?

davidhk, Feb 2, 2016
  5. tcebob Win User
    I didn't specify Windows 10, since this is "Windows 10 forums." On my computer the Win 10 Task Manager always opens to Processes. The old Task Manager does remember its closing view. There is an old task manager available for those who like it better but unfortunately it can't be installed along side of the Win 10 version, only instead. I hoped to make a shortcut to open TM directly to Details but no experiment with the command line worked.

tcebob, Feb 2, 2016
  6. radar Win User
    My task manager ALWAYS opens to the Process Tab; however, I, too, would like it to open to the Details Tab.

*Mad*Mad*MadI detest Windows 10. if I could easily do so, I would go back to Windows 7. I don;t want to have to reinstall all my programs again, however.

radar, Feb 21, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    You are right. It always open in Processes tab.

I was wrong.
    My apology.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  8. Open Task Manager directly to Details

I use Process Hacker replacement, which opens up in detailed processes, basically like Details, the view can be changed.

TairikuOkami, Feb 21, 2016
  9. tcebob Win User
    Downloaded PH. Looks good; I will try it out. It doesn't exclude Task Manager, although there is an option to do so.

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Open Task Manager directly to Details - Similar Threads - Open Task Manager

2. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  3. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  4. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager 'Details' Malfunctioning: I got my windows updated with the Insider Preview. The version now is the newest: 20251.1with FE. The task manager malfunctions as: Once I open the task manager and click 'Details', the task manager stops for a short whilewith no display and then crashes. In fact it also acts...
  6. Task Manager will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager will not open.: Hi everyone. I am running into an issue with Task Manager. When I try to open it (via ALL ways), I get the admin prompt that asks me permission to open it. After saying yes, the program never ends up opening. The thing is that the task manager prompt says that it is from an...
  7. Task manager crash on more detail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager crash on more detail: Hello, today I opened the Task Manager and going on more details the app crash, is the only app doing that, I tried more times and restarted but nothing, can you help me solve that? I'm using Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Needs other details? Thank you....
  8. Task manager not showing ram speed or details.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager not showing ram speed or details.: Ram speed details not showing on right side like it should. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-not-showing-ram-speed-or-details/ee816c9c-5d9b-43e9-8de3-7506ac903b11
  9. Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task Manager only displays the Details tab: Hi guys, I have a very weird problem with Windows 10. I use the task manager a lot, and with Windows 10, I have this problem that at some unknown point, when I run task manager, it's begin displayed in a weird way, only displaying the "Details" tab. I don't know what's...
  10. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238