Windows 10: Open tasks from different taskbars

Discus and support Open tasks from different taskbars in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use an extended monitor and when I click a taskbar icon there, the app opens up on this extended monitor. But I want to open it on my main monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CaitlinCreber, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Open tasks from different taskbars

I use an extended monitor and when I click a taskbar icon there, the app opens up on this extended monitor. But I want to open it on my main monitor. So I need to minimize this task, then click the taskbar icon on the main monitor to open it there. Is it possible to do the settings in the way that the Windows open tasks from different taskbars?

:)

CaitlinCreber, Nov 24, 2018

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Open tasks from different task bars (extended monitor)

Hi Xingjian Yang,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Do you want the taskbar to show icons in the respective monitor?

If yes, please try these steps and let us know:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Navigate to Personalization and click on Taskbar.
    3. Under the tab named Show taskbar buttons on, select the option “Taskbar where window is open”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community -Moderator

Gowrish_S, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Open tasks from different taskbars

Open tasks from different task bars (extended monitor)

Hello, I am wondering if it's possible to set the windows open tasks from different taskbars. As clicking a taskbar icon in the extended monitor, the task will show up on the extended monitor. Minimize this task, then click the taskbar icon in the main
    screen, it will just reopen in the main screen...

Xingjian Yang, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Open tasks from different taskbars

1. Open tasks from different taskbars - Similar Threads - Open tasks different

2. Different taskbar appearance depending on the number of tabs open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different taskbar appearance depending on the number of tabs open: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/randy0812 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/166391v/different_taskbar_appearance_depending_on_the/
  3. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  4. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  5. Remove Combine Open Tasks in Taskbar Option Uncombine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Combine Open Tasks in Taskbar Option Uncombine: Hi Team,I've been reading that MS does not plan to change the decision to allow us the customers and organizers of our own computers to uncombine open tasks in the taskbar. As a result, myself and my colleagues do NOT receive notifications for Outlook calendar meetings as...
  6. Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs Not Opening from Taskbar: I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen. I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They...
  7. Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar

Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from taskbar: I have a problem with my windows 10. I Can not open "taskbar setting" and "open sound setting" from the taskbar. when I want to open them a black page appears and closes instantly....
  8. Open OneDrive from Taskbar

Open OneDrive from Taskbar: Hello. I am currently using the OneDrive Premium. One day the windows size has changed when open the up to date list from the taskbar icon. How can I get back to the original size? [IMG] [Moved from: Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Task Bar]...
  9. Open OneDrive from Taskbar

Open OneDrive from Taskbar: Hello. I am currently using the OneDrive Premium. One day the windows size has changed when open the up to date list from the taskbar icon. How can I get back to the original size? [IMG]...
  10. Unpin Search & task view from taskbar

Unpin Search & task view from taskbar: Does anybody know how to unpin the search & task view from the taskbar? They take valuable space in the taskbar while they can easily be triggered with windows key shortcuts. 2279

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to go to different opened taskbrs