Windows 10: Open "This PC" to This PC" not This PC>Desktop.

Discus and support Open "This PC" to This PC" not This PC>Desktop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am new to Windows 10 and so far after the initial learning curve I love it. Whilst first going in and setting things up I went into "This PC" but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WetdogLeader, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Open "This PC" to This PC" not This PC>Desktop.

Hi, I am new to Windows 10 and so far after the initial learning curve I love it.
    Whilst first going in and setting things up I went into "This PC" but somehow did a double click and now "This PC" opens to "This PC>Desktop" whereas I would like just plain old "This PC" showing folder and drives. I have searched the net but can't find any way of saving the setting after getting to the appropriate page.
    I am sure this is really simple but I just can't find it!
    Anybody help please.

Version2004 Build 19041.746

:)

WetdogLeader, Feb 3, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 3, 2021
  3. this pc is not opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

Provide more information to help you better:

• Is it Microsoft account or a local account?

• Did you get any error message when you try to open
      This PC?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Method 2:

I also suggest you to perform clean boot and check if it helps.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Method 3:

If issue still persists, I suggest you to create a new Microsoft account and verify the result.

Follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start and go to setting.

2. Select Accounts.

3. Click on family and user.

4. Under “Other user” click on “Add someone else to this PC”.

5. Follow the instructions and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Open "This PC" to This PC" not This PC>Desktop.

Age of PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your query as you are looking for the age of the PC on the system. In this scenario we would like inform you that if you have not upgraded the BIOS of the PC. Then open system information and there you can see the BIOS date and time.

Steps to check the BIOS date.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch
      Run
      command.
    2. Type msinfo32 and click OK.
    3. Scroll and check the BIOS version in the list of details.

Note: if you have updated the BIOS then you will see the last updated date. In that case we would suggest you to contact the PC manufacturer and provide them the PC information. They can check and
    would be able to help you with your requirements.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Open "This PC" to This PC" not This PC>Desktop.

1. Open "This PC" to This PC" not This PC>Desktop. - Similar Threads - Open PC>Desktop

2. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...
  3. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder: Please can someone assist me with detailed what to do. my notebook worked fine before this. last night i changed my HP battery by myself. i restarted the notebook and it quickly went to a screen that said " CMOS error" then went to the normal loggin HP screen and the notebook...
  4. Whenever i open a folder on my windows 10 desktop it redirects me to the "THIS PC" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't open my PC, and my key ID is F5963636, Drive Label : DESKTOP-PNH3OCR 2015/9/19.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my PC, and my key ID is F5963636, Drive Label : DESKTOP-PNH3OCR 2015/9/19.: I can't open my PC, and my key ID is F5963636, Drive Label: DESKTOP-PNH3OCR 2015/9/19. And my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. I can't open my PC, and my key ID is F5963636, Drive Label : DESKTOP-PNH3OCR 2015/9/19.

I can't open my PC, and my key ID is F5963636, Drive Label : DESKTOP-PNH3OCR 2015/9/19.: I can't open my PC, and my key ID is F5963636, Drive Label: DESKTOP-PNH3OCR 2015/9/19. And my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. I can't open my PC, and my key ID is F5963636, Drive Label : DESKTOP-PNH3OCR 2015/9/19.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them: I recently bought a new PC Dell that has Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 2021 for Home and Business. For some reason, two of my desktop shortcuts "This PC" and "Microsoft Outlook" don't always open immediately when I click on them; sometimes they seem "frozen" and won't open,...
  9. This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them

This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them: I recently bought a new PC Dell that has Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 2021 for Home and Business. For some reason, two of my desktop shortcuts "This PC" and "Microsoft Outlook" don't always open immediately when I click on them; sometimes they seem "frozen" and won't open,...
  10. when i update my last one the openning screen become blue and pc dont open to desktop and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i update my last one the openning screen become blue and pc dont open to desktop and...: i open my pc and he ask me to update and restar i do that and after update he make ablue screen and wont open again and only restart idont know what i do and i need to open my pc...