Windows 10: open to desktop

Discus and support open to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, After a recent update my laptop opens to an APPS page and not the desktop screen. I am not a tech person and now I can't easily find my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by christineking2, Feb 6, 2019.

1. open to desktop

Hi,

After a recent update my laptop opens to an APPS page and not the desktop screen. I am not a tech person and now I can't easily find my desktop folders. How can I reset to open to desktop not apps screen.

Thanks

:)

christineking2, Feb 6, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 6, 2019
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Feb 6, 2019
  4. open to desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

open to desktop

1. open to desktop - Similar Threads - open desktop

2. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  3. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  4. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  5. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  6. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  7. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  8. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  9. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  10. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open to desktop

2. Open to desk top

3. open desktop

4. restarted computer and desktop and files gone feb 2019