Windows 10: Open to Desktop

Discus and support Open to Desktop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just bought a new lap top with Win 10. Please forgive my ignorance. I have a lot of experience with XP and Win.7 but with 10 I'm a dummy. How can I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WilliamP, Jan 19, 2016.

1. WilliamP Win User

Open to Desktop

I just bought a new lap top with Win 10. Please forgive my ignorance. I have a lot of experience with XP and Win.7 but with 10 I'm a dummy. How can I get it to open and skip to the desk top?

:)

WilliamP, Jan 19, 2016

2. Desktop Not opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

The issue may occur if you have turned on the Tablet mode.

Follow the steps below to turn off the tablet mode:

1. Click Settings on the Start Menu.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Tablet mode in the left pane. A Tablet mode submenu appears.
    4. You can see something about "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." Toggle it
    off to go to desktop mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Swathi Ravichandran, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Desktop Not opening

HI,

recently i upgraded to Windows10.

i have some short cuts on desktop.example vmware short cut.

i want to go to desktop screen.i want to go desktop screen.

Please find how to go to desktop screen.i find only desktop pins on mycomputer.

in my apps also i did not find desktop apps.

please tell how to add desktop app to start menu.

kondaveetiarungopal, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Open to Desktop

It should open to the desktop once you log in. Are you asking if there is a way to skip the login screen?

DeaconFrost, Jan 19, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
Thema:

Open to Desktop

1. Open to Desktop - Similar Threads - Open Desktop

2. Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop: Hi,I am using:ThinkBook 16p G2 ACHwith:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22631 Build 22631I am:1. Open several virtual desktops.2. Use WSL2 to open linux GUIs and place them in each desktop.3. Use some key combination/action that I haven't identified yet.I see:1....
  3. Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows open in different virtual desktops dissapearing and reappearing in single desktop: Hi,I am using:ThinkBook 16p G2 ACHwith:OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22631 Build 22631I am:1. Open several virtual desktops.2. Use WSL2 to open linux GUIs and place them in each desktop.3. Use some key combination/action that I haven't identified yet.I see:1....
  4. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  5. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  6. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  7. My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I...: My folders on the desktop will not open on the desktop, they open to the task bar. I cannot make them bigger. I am using Windows 8.1, No error message at all...
  8. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  9. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  10. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...