Windows 10: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

Discus and support Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

How to: Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

How to Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

This tutorial will show you how to open websites opened in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. While you have a website open in a tab in Microsoft Edge, click/tap on the More actions (3 dots) button, click/tap on More tools, and click/tap on Open with Internet Explorer. (see screenshot below)

Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer [​IMG]

2. The website will now open in a new Internet Explorer window. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Feb 17, 2016

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

Unable to view images on Makita website completely in Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer share some common settings, I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1 : Clear the SSL state

In some instances there may be corrupted information in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) cache; this corrupted information can cause websites to not load correctly. This information is cleared each time you restart your computer but can be removed by using
    the Clear SSL State option in Internet Explorer without having to restart your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

a) Open Internet Explorer

b) In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options

c) Click the Content tab, and then click Clear SSL state

Method 2 Add websites to trusted website

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Click Tools
    • Click Internet Options
    • Click the Security tab
    • Click trusted sites
    • Click Sites

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Error- HTTP/1.1 200 OK on Edge and other browers goes blank when try to open particular websites

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • What happens when you try to access the same websites in other PC?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it help you.

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Open a website.
    • Click on '. . .' select Open with Internet Explorer
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue doesn't resolve, try the below steps.

• Press Start, type Internet Explorer and
      select it.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + P, it opens Internet Explorer as
      InPrivate mode
      . Try to access the website and check if the issue still persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Unable to view images on Makita website completely in Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed any further, let us know if the issue pertains to the particular website you are referring to. Also, did you check if the same issue occurs when you access the website using any web browser other than Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

Update the existing add-ons to the latest version of Flash, Silverlight, and Java. You might have to uninstall and then reinstall the add-ons to make sure that the latest version is running correctly.

Method 2

Next, I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data
    option of Microsoft Edge and check if you still face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Microsoft Edge, go to More
      > Settings.
    • Select Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data, then tick the checkbox(es) for the information that you want to clear.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the below Microsoft help link and check if it helps.

Cannot access some websites in Internet Explorer

Note: Steps relevant for Windows 8 also applies to Windows 10

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer performance for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer

1. Open Website in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Open Website Microsoft

2. How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer: How to stop Microsoft Edge being opened everytime when opening internet explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-microsoft-edge-being-opened-everytime/bf2df00e-6860-4e83-be9c-8064d71758b9
  3. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!: Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother. Since I've had it, I've been having this strange issue, and other than friends saying that I should wipe my whole computer,...
  4. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!: Hey, this might be a longer read, but it's also a long shot for me. I'm currently running a 660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro computer that I got from my brother. Since I've had it, I've been having this strange issue, and other than friends saying that I should wipe my whole computer,...
  5. File Explorer & Microsoft Edge not opening!

6. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  7. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  8. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer How to Add or Remove Open Microsoft Edge Tab Button in Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, a new Open Microsoft Edge button has been added to...