Windows 10: Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used

Discus and support Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would try it with that off as well. Ok. I will try that next time when I am out. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lvgandhi, Apr 5, 2018.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used

Ok. I will try that next time when I am out.

lvgandhi, Apr 5, 2018
  2. lvgandhi Win User

Google has provided free railwire wifi in important Railway Stations in India. Yesterday in Bengaluru Railway station, I was using my jio wifi in my laptop. Railwire has closed jio wifi in my laptop and asked me to do necessary action to activate Railwire wifi. How to prevent such things ie closing of running wifi, happening in future.

:)

lvgandhi, Apr 26, 2018
  3. mdtoronto Win User
    Window 10 (PC) Unable to login again after Sleep

In the recent version you can change the setting from allowing the device to shut down wifi to "high performance" which avoids wifi being one reason it won't wake up. Other people say they get a spinning circle waiting - for Wifi to restart likely.

I've reset my sleep mode to 1 hour and will shut it down every time to avoid sleep mode altogether.

mdtoronto, Apr 26, 2018
  4. Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used

Browser on Nokia Lumia 625

Suppose you open Internet Explorer on the Lumia 625 but then what's the way to shut it down without turning the phone off?

At home I have wifi and so I can use Internet Explorer on the Lumia 625 without additional charges other than the cost of the internet connection but I'd like to be able to turn it off when I'm not covered by wifi.

GiorgioRovelli, Apr 26, 2018
  5. Hi Ivgandhi

Start => Settings => Network and Internet => Wifi

Mid way down the right hand side of page WiFi Services. Likely have to shut off the bottom two, for sure the second to last one, Connect to Open Hot spots.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2018
  6. lvgandhi Win User
    Thanks for response.
    Connect to open hot spots is already shut off. Hot spot 2.0 networks is on.

lvgandhi, Apr 27, 2018
  7. I would try it with that off as well.

Caledon Ken, Apr 27, 2018
Thema:

Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used

1. Open wifi shutting down other wifi being used - Similar Threads - Open wifi shutting

2. every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down: Not sure if there is a fix to this. I am using windows on a MacBook Pro and every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down and the button to turn it back on dose not work. Every time this happens i have to restart my computer and that doesn't fix it what do i...
  3. every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down: Not sure if there is a fix to this. I am using windows on a MacBook Pro and every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down and the button to turn it back on dose not work. Every time this happens i have to restart my computer and that doesn't fix it what do i...
  4. every time i open valorant the WIFI on my computer shuts down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?: Hello,I have Windows 10 and a WiFi set up in my home that has worked very well for years until these past two weeks. I've noticed that several times a day my Internet shuts down on my laptop, yet my Smart TV, which runs on the same home WiFi, still continues to work. I'm...
  6. My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?: Hello,I have Windows 10 and a WiFi set up in my home that has worked very well for years until these past two weeks. I've noticed that several times a day my Internet shuts down on my laptop, yet my Smart TV, which runs on the same home WiFi, still continues to work. I'm...
  7. Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down: I installed Windows 10 with bootcamp on a MacBook Pro 2017 (16go RAM, Intel i7, High Sierra 10.13). It worked perfectly until yesterday when the wifi started disconnecting on its own every x minutes. It started cutting more and more frequently and then saying "can't connect...
  8. Shutting down windows 10 when connect to wifi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shutting down windows 10 when connect to wifi: My pc is acer 574G, 5th gen, i5 (lap top) My pc was shutting down automatically after few minutes connected to personal wifi network since yesterday. What can be the reason ? Virus ? also Incidentally found a virus,(image attached). Is this virus cause the my problem or...
  9. Wifi and bluetooth are shut down after standby mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi and bluetooth are shut down after standby mode: Dear community, When I put my Asus UX310UQ in standby mode for more than 10 minutes, the wifi and bluetooth are shut down. All drivers are up to date. For the wifi, I unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device..." But nothing works. (Windows 10 Pro 1809) Thanks...
  10. 10 - 20 Minutes Streaming, Wifi shuts down!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    10 - 20 Minutes Streaming, Wifi shuts down!: About 3 days ago i streamed on yt. I used a Custom code to stream, about 3 hrs in the stream my pc crashed. i restarted it. Next day i also streamed but then something weird happend every 1-20 minutes my wifi shuts down! it kept happening everytime! I don't know how to fix...