Windows 10: Open windows move between screens when switching users on a dual display set up.

Discus and support Open windows move between screens when switching users on a dual display set up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors connected to my PC in a extended display set up. I'll usually have certain windows open on monitor 1 and others on monitor 2. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AquaShark, Sep 28, 2018.

1. AquaShark Win User

Open windows move between screens when switching users on a dual display set up.

I have 2 monitors connected to my PC in a extended display set up. I'll usually have certain windows open on monitor 1 and others on monitor 2.

If I switch users then log back on to the original user again later, sometimes the open windows stay on the monitor they were on originally or half the time the open windows switch between monitors or other times all the windows are on the same monitor. It is completely random. If we switch back to the 2nd user, their windows could swap between monitors as well.

I have noticed this over the last few years on different computers running Windows 10 64 bit, I can't say about previous versions of Windows.

Is there a setting a something to lock open windows on the same display or just something I have to put up with?

:)

AquaShark, Sep 28, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

The images will be repositioned in the Windows Screensaver based on the aspect ratios. Also, if the pictures are taken as portrait and not Landscape they will never fill the entire screen of the screensaver and the result would be a visible display offset.

We suggest that you check the desktop resolution to correct this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click in an open area on your desktop, select Display Setings.
    • Under Display, click on
      Advanced display settings.
    • Try to change the resolution and click on
      Apply
      and on Keep changes.

We also suggest that you check if this issue also occurs using a different user account.

Kindly get back to us so we can assist you further.

Xylee Del, Sep 28, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Open windows move between screens when switching users on a dual display set up.

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Open windows move between screens when switching users on a dual display set up. - Similar Threads - Open move between

2. Possible to keep windows maximized when moving between multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to keep windows maximized when moving between multiple displays?: I have an HP Zbook Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. I have two additional displays, so in total I have three monitors. When I take any window... Outlook, Web Browser, Win Explorer... doesn't matter which application... when I grab an application and drag it to another...
  3. UsbDeviceSignalHandler open when switching between Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UsbDeviceSignalHandler open when switching between Windows: I noticed that for some time I have that weird invisible window or something named USB device signal handler. I can't find it in processes what starts to worry me, that I got some **** or some USB problem I'm not aware of. I did notice any change since this thing appears is...
  4. Dual display moving open windows to screen 1 after PC is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual display moving open windows to screen 1 after PC is locked: Hi Everyone, After my PC got upgraded to win 10 20H2, I am facing this weird issue with displays. When I lock my Pc and come back and unlock my all the open windows from Screen 2 are moved over to screen 1 by itself and screen 1 becomes clutter. Sometimes I have seen...
  5. Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor set up / both monitors displaying same screen: Hello, I recently purchased a new desktop set up with two monitors. I have set everything up and now that everything is turned on both monitors are displaying the same exact same screen. Any window I open appears on both monitors and the mouse cursor appears and moves the...
  6. Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up

Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up: I just got a new monitor to go with my laptop and I plugged it in. However, when I go to the display settings it says that the new monitor is smaller than my laptop's desktop screen. Is there a way to change the settings so that the larger monitor is displayed as so in the...
  7. Switching between single and dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between single and dual monitors: I have a dual monitor setup but often only need a single monitor. Windows does not recognize if the second monitor is off and will attempt to open apps and windows in the non existent second monitor forcing me to switch it on. Is this the default behavior and is there any way...
  8. How to easy switch between users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to easy switch between users: Hello, I have two users on my computer, me and my partner. We both stay signed in. How do we switch users without going to the Lock Screen and signing in again every time? We trust each other so there is no problem with security....
  9. Setting for popup display of apps when using fingers gesture to move between apps

Setting for popup display of apps when using fingers gesture to move between apps: When we move between apps using 3 fingers to swipe left or right, the app on the left of the popup menu is always the current app, then the next current app and so on. I'm wondering if I can change the setting which allows me to keep the position of apps as they are despite...
  10. Dual screen displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual screen displays: I am running Windows 10 and have dual screens. When I booted up this morning, main desktop displayed correctly but 2nd screen was upside down. I rebooted, which corrected 2nd screen problem, but main screen is now blank. The second screen now only detects 1 computer and will...