Windows 10: Open windows not aligning to top of desktop

Discus and support Open windows not aligning to top of desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All. Setting up an Aspire A515-43-R19L for my son. I don't know at what point any open window starting not aligning with the top of the screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by in2ndo247, Oct 1, 2019.

1. in2ndo247 Win User

Open windows not aligning to top of desktop

Hi All.

Setting up an Aspire A515-43-R19L for my son. I don't know at what point any open window starting not aligning with the top of the screen. The desktop background cover the whole thing. but when I try to move them up. they just maximize leaving about half an inch empty on top. showing the desktop background.
    This is happening in my son's profile only. in my profile they maximize correctly.
    I have changed the resolutions and put it back and same thing.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

:)

in2ndo247, Oct 1, 2019
  2. JanJan Win User

How to align icons on desktop horizontally/top/bottom in Win 7 ?

Does anyone know how to align icons on desktop horizontally/top/bottom in Win 7 ? Or can it *Confused Open windows not aligning to top of desktop :confused:

JanJan, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    desktop

Thank you for the information. Let's try another workaround to fix this issue. Try these steps instead:

• Right-click on any blank space in your desktop, hover over View and check
      Align icons to grid.
    • Press F5 to refresh.
    • Drag icons to where you want it to be then refresh it again.
    • Now open this folder location: %LocalAppdata% or C:\Users\{Your Username}\AppData\Local
      if Windows is installed in C drive.
    • Select View at the top corner the windows and check
      Hidden Items.
    • Delete the file name IconCache.db.
    • Once deleted, uncheck Hidden Items, close the folder.
    • Right-click on the desktop and Align icons to grid once more.
    • Refresh the desktop and restart PC.

Check if the issue will persist after doing these steps. We also suggest that you update your display driver. If the issue continues after these troubleshooting steps, then we suggest that you submit a feedback through our
    Feedback Hub so our development team can investigate and review this issue.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Open windows not aligning to top of desktop - Similar Threads - Open aligning top

2. My desktop apps shortcuts are aligning automatically to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop apps shortcuts are aligning automatically to the top: My desktop apps shortcuts are aligning automatically to the tophow to turn it to left side of my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-apps-shortcuts-are-aligning/551228fe-9dda-46c1-8235-20885269a6f2
  3. My desktop apps shortcuts are aligning automatically to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop apps shortcuts are aligning automatically to the top: My desktop apps shortcuts are aligning automatically to the tophow to turn it to left side of my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-apps-shortcuts-are-aligning/551228fe-9dda-46c1-8235-20885269a6f2
  4. Desktop Icons are on top of any files/window that are open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons are on top of any files/window that are open: as you can see the desktop icons are on top of my excel file window and any other window.how to stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-on-top-of-any-fileswindow-that/e610e407-7e32-4218-9347-267b74aeb57d
  5. Desktop Icons are on top of any files/window that are open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons are on top of any files/window that are open: as you can see the desktop icons are on top of my excel file window and any other window.how to stop this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-are-on-top-of-any-fileswindow-that/e610e407-7e32-4218-9347-267b74aeb57d
  6. Align the Windows 11 Taskbar to the top with Stardock's Start11

in Windows 10 News
    Align the Windows 11 Taskbar to the top with Stardock's Start11: Stardock releases the release candidate of Start 11 this week. Start 11 is the latest product in the Start series of products, which started with Start8 for Windows 8. Microsoft made changes to the Start Menu on Windows 8, and developers started to produce programs to restore...
  7. Desktop Icon Alignment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Alignment: I was just wondering why desktop icons aren't aligned to the centered to the middle of the screen, or at least why there isn't an option for that. I haven't found really anything on centering desktop icons, so I thought I should come to the source.Thanks for any feedback!...
  8. Desktop icons not aligning properly

Desktop icons not aligning properly: Hello, is it possible to adjust desktop icon width? I know you're able to change the height by holding CTRL and scrolling, but I'm trying to reduce the width. It may be easier to explain with an image, so here: [ATTACH] Ever since getting a second monitor, for some reason,...
  9. multiple monitor desktop alignment

multiple monitor desktop alignment: Hello all, To start off I'm hoping you're all having a lovely day and doing fine. I have a new widescreen 3440*1440 Monitor that I would like to align with my older Ilama 1920*1080 monitor. The problem Is not a serious one but more of an aesthetics issue. My new BenQ...
  10. desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons alignment: I have the icons aligned in a certain way , always had them well and when I restart they are always aligned. A few days i noticed they are misaligned and there are a option that says: there is a line up icons with the grid , I deactivate and when I restart again and goes...