Windows 10: Open with bmp files issue

Discus and support Open with bmp files issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have a problem with open with bmp file with paint *Sick it is really weird sc2.bmp < i right click, open with paint there is no problem but when a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Feuer, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Feuer Win User

Open with bmp files issue

i have a problem with open with bmp file with paint *Sick

it is really weird

sc2.bmp < i right click, open with paint there is no problem

but when a blank in the file name like this

sc2 try.bmp < when i right click, open with paint it says can not find sc2.png file

i tried that with jpg and png files there is not an issue with that
    i can open bmp files from paint in it also blank file names but when i try to open it with open with dialog
    i have that issue

anyone knows how to fix that?
    and anyone knows why it happens?

thanks...

:)

Feuer, Sep 16, 2020

2. allocate BMP file and convert to JPEG

allocate BMP file and convert to JPEG

Heres what I want.... I want a program to allocate every BMP file within my hard drive for me and convert it to JPEG.... without "saving as" but just replace it with the original and everything in its orginal directory.

Say like i have bmp file in c/program/haha and in c/duc/hoho and i want those bmp files to be converted to jepeg and keeping everything as is.

Is there any program exist the way i want it?

btw I use win dir stat... it can allocate bmp files for me but I want a program to allovate for me and convert to jpeg for me by keeping everything as is... like original directory and replacing the original file.

HiddenStupid, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Open with bmp files issue

My Bmp files are saving as DIB files

Hi,

I build in a 3D environment and use and save bmp files for building. I've been generating bmp files and saving as a bmp files for years. Just recently I save a file as a bitmap file and when I tried to retrieve it in a 3D world I could not see the file
    on my computer.

Long story short, my files are not being saved as bmp files but DIB files instead. This apparently is something new. Is there a way to continue saving files as a bmp? The only option I a had only said bitmap and not bmp. A DIB file is similar to a
    bmp but its not the same. I used to get the option of jpeg, png, bmp, etc...now when I right click to save an image of a bmp file it only says bitmap and there is more then one version of a bitmap apparently.

PhoenixAnkaa777, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Open with bmp files issue

1. Open with bmp files issue - Similar Threads - Open bmp files

2. Saving a File as Monochrome ,bmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a File as Monochrome ,bmp: I have a Plasma Cutter which uses FastCAM V7I have FastCAM V7 CAD Program & Outline V4 I have to put a clipart jpg through Paint 3D or equivalent so it changes from colour with gradients to monochrome bmp Black & White I need to transfer a clipart monochrome bmp to change it...
  3. Saving a File as Monochrome ,bmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a File as Monochrome ,bmp: I have a Plasma Cutter which uses FastCAM V7I have FastCAM V7 CAD Program & Outline V4 I have to put a clipart jpg through Paint 3D or equivalent so it changes from colour with gradients to monochrome bmp Black & White I need to transfer a clipart monochrome bmp to change it...
  4. Saving a File as Monochrome ,bmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saving a File as Monochrome ,bmp

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Issues trying to open a file

Issues trying to open a file: So, I had a file that had a lock on it on my desktop. I moved the folder to a flash drive but forgot to remove the lock. I went ahead and imaged wiped my PC for a fresh start. Now, I can no longer access the file and get the error, " You do not have permission to open this...
  7. Question about BMP file inside of the Windows folder.Boot Logo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about BMP file inside of the Windows folder.Boot Logo: Am I able to replace/edit the bmp filestart up logo in the windows folder? I haven't however I'd rather know for certain if I can or not before doing so, so i don't mess my pc up. Thanks in advance!...
  8. Open with bmp files issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Open with bmp files issue: i have a problem with open with bmp file with paint *Sick it is really weird sc2.bmp < i right click, open with paint there is no problem but when a blank in the file name like this sc2 try.bmp < when i right click, open with paint it says can not find sc2.png file i...
  9. My Bmp files are saving as DIB files

My Bmp files are saving as DIB files: Hi, I build in a 3D environment and use and save bmp files for building. I've been generating bmp files and saving as a bmp files for years. Just recently I save a file as a bitmap file and when I tried to retrieve it in a 3D world I could not see the file on my computer....
  10. How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within

How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within: Every time I attempt to open an image file I receive this message: [ATTACH] Does not matter what drive the image is on, or which image file it is. I've already attempted to change what app is the default for opening images. I've tried taking ownership. I'm not sure if...