Windows 10: "Open with..." dialog command not working.

Discus and support "Open with..." dialog command not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When you right click any file, you can see the Open with... dialog. When I click it, nothing happens. *Sad *Sleepy I kept on waiting but the Open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by antoniopiczon, May 21, 2016.

1. "Open with..." dialog command not working.

When you right click any file, you can see the Open with... dialog.
    When I click it, nothing happens. *Sad

*Sleepy I kept on waiting but the Open with window is still not popping out of my screen.

*chuckle Well I tried this solution that was recommended to me by others:
    Settings > System > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type
    But when I click Choose a default or a file that already has a default program, my desired app will not show on the selection and lets me choose an app on the Store. *Sad

*cry Please help me! It's making me angry trying to find a solution for this!
    (I USE WINDOWS 10)

:)

antoniopiczon, May 21, 2016
  2. RONROBBEL Win User

Cortana search box does not work.

Cortana search box does not work. One of the suggested solutions was to "press the Windows button + X" to open the dialog box. Then choose "Command Prompt (admin). When I open the dialog box there is nothing there that says "Command Prompt (admin). So,
    what do I do now to fix the problem of the search box not working? Thank you.

RONROBBEL, May 21, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 21, 2016
  4. "Open with..." dialog command not working.

Hello. Please Download CCleaner, open it, run it. Now try it. If it still doesn't work restart your computer. And please give me your system specs if it doesn't work.

AbAppletic, May 21, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Use this tutorial:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html
    First Remove the Open With from the Context Menu, then Add it back.
    See if that works.

Go to Step 3 Remove_Open_with_context_menu.reg > click the Download button.
    Go through step 4 to 7.

Go to Step 2 Add_Open_with_context_menu.reg > click the Download button.
    Go through step 4 to 7.

davidhk, May 21, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If that does not help, my suggestion is to do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, May 21, 2016
  7. No it still doesn't work. Removing and adding method it really convinced me so I tried yours. I've followed the instructions carefully (Download Remove_Open_with_con....., Download Add_Open_with_con.....), but when I go to "Open with..." > "Choose another app", it still won't come out.

antoniopiczon, May 23, 2016
  8. "Open with..." dialog command not working.

When I type it, it says "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility."
    Little help please? *Sad

antoniopiczon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Open with..." dialog command not working.

1. "Open with..." dialog command not working. - Similar Threads - Open dialog command

2. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  3. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  4. File open dialog customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File open dialog customization: I have a large Quick Access list and a lot of folders on my drive. When I open a file, my Quick Access does not show up unless I collapse the desktop icon. Is there any way to set it so the Desktop is collapsed unless I click on it? I have Excel and Word 2010 on Windows 10...
  5. No image previews in the open dialogs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No image previews in the open dialogs: Does anyone know how to fix the open dialogs not showing image previews? https://imgur.com/HBJjeSz submitted by /u/unabatedshagie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ke9mk2/no_image_previews_in_the_open_dialogs/
  6. Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working Windows 10- open and save dialog boxes not...: New 4 Months Lennovo legion laptop with Win10 64 bit pre-installed. As indicated, the file/open file/save dialog boxes do not work for any 32 bit applications. This includes Office applications/Acrobat/Garmin/etc. Dialog boxes do work for 64 bit applications. 1 I have...
  7. Save and Open common dialog

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save and Open common dialog: Hi When I try to open or save file in my common dialog box always open ThisPc to show me the path. How to set it up to be closed. On my other computer ThisPc is always closed in an open or save dialog box. many thx for help[ATTACH]...
  8. Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open, Save dialogs not working after 1809 update.: This is not so much a question as an observation to a previous question that went unanswered. I use high contrast due to eye problems. After Windows updated to build 1809 I could no longer open file dialog to open file location and if I open a document, could not open dialog...
  9. Dialog Box Save/Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Box Save/Open: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  10. Duplicate Documents in Open dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents in Open dialog: I have just reinstalled Window 10 Pro (to a new disk). I can see a Documents folder under OneDrive and I can see a Documents folder under Libraries. However when I try using Word to open a file in my xxxxx\Users\Documents folder it opens in OneDrive\Documents instead. How...