Windows 10: 'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.

Discus and support 'Open With' doesn't remember my choice. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What I do: 1. Make a new file, call it test.srt 2. Double click it, now a dialog opens: "How do you want to open this file?" 3. Select Notepad, be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmileSonneveld, Oct 14, 2018.

1. 'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.

What I do:

1. Make a new file, call it test.srt

2. Double click it, now a dialog opens: "How do you want to open this file?"

3. Select Notepad, be sure that "Always use this app to open .srt files" is selected4. Click OK.

5. The file should correctly open with Notepad.

6. Close Notepad

7. Double click the file again

Now I get the same dialog again. My choice wasn't remembered.

Same problem with other file types, and other programs.

Same problem when I go by

test.srt > Properties > Change

:)

EmileSonneveld, Oct 14, 2018

2. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Oct 14, 2018
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Oct 14, 2018
  4. AlbertoMA Win User

'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.

1. 'Open With' doesn't remember my choice. - Similar Threads - 'Open With' doesn't

2. Why windows doesn't remember my selection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows doesn't remember my selection?: I am trying to get rid of the file extension names and have tried all the tutorials but the screen just blinks and the extension names are still there. Then I go check on the View tab on Folder options and the "Hide extensions" options is always unchecked even though I did...
  3. Why windows doesn't remember my selection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows doesn't remember my selection?: I am trying to get rid of the file extension names and have tried all the tutorials but the screen just blinks and the extension names are still there. Then I go check on the View tab on Folder options and the "Hide extensions" options is always unchecked even though I did...
  4. All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location: I am using multiple monitors. Whenever I open an app it use to open in the location and the monitor that it was previously used on. But, after the recent windows update, all the application windows will open on the monitor that I designated as the main display. This also goes...
  5. All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my applications opens in wrong monitor and doesn't remember the previous location: I am using multiple monitors. Whenever I open an app it use to open in the location and the monitor that it was previously used on. But, after the recent windows update, all the application windows will open on the monitor that I designated as the main display. This also goes...
  6. Default printer choice doesn't stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default printer choice doesn't stick: Good afternoon!How do I get the Microsoft Print to pdf option to stop changing my default printer? I have a consistent printing pattern that I use that for now, does not include 'Microsoft Print to pdf' and I continue to choose the default printer, but the next thing I know I...
  7. Why doesn't YouTube remember my searches?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why doesn't YouTube remember my searches?: While typing in the YouTube search bar, I remember it used to display 1 or 2 of my recent searches. Now, it doesn't do that. I resumed search history but it's still not working. submitted by /u/PleasantSport [link] [comments]...
  8. Enable the option to make Windows 10 remember choice for opening applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable the option to make Windows 10 remember choice for opening applications: So every time i try to open an app from an website in microsoft edge dev, there's no checkbox asking me if it wants to remember my choice [ATTACH] I recently replaced my hard drive with an ssd, and remember on my old hard drive there was an option at first. How can I enable...
  9. Windows 10 Firewall don't remember my allow choices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Firewall don't remember my allow choices: Hi guys I am having this boring issue. Everytime I open any software that access the internet, such as Skype, Chrome etc that firewall window appear for me to let it access the network. The problem is it does not remember my choice, if I close the software and reopen I have...
  10. Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice: I would check Staret => Settings => Apps => Apps and features => scroll down to Office => left click once => Modify Should bring up a repair . . Thanks, I've passed this along. I'll post again when I get results.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows doesnt remember open with option