Windows 10: "Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg...

Discus and support "Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, a user was upgraded to a new PC with Windows 11 they had a device with Windows 10 previously. This user has to use several versions of the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Katelyn:, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Katelyn: Win User

"Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg...

So, a user was upgraded to a new PC with Windows 11 they had a device with Windows 10 previously. This user has to use several versions of the same modeling software for .blg files. On the user's old machine, they were able to use the context menu to select the version of software they would like to open the .blg files with. This is no longer the case, only the newest version is showing up. To get to the versions of the software that is not the latest from the context menu they have to go to open with>choose another app>more apps>look for another app on this PC> and then find t

:)

Katelyn:, Sep 27, 2022

2. Add option to context menu to open file type

By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click).

As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have to do: Right click > Open With > Choose Another App > More apps > (scroll to find MuseScore) > OK.

This is too many steps. How can I get the context menu to offer MuseScore as an option in it's menu - or at least as an option in "Open With"?

Thanks!

gntsketches, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Add option to context menu to open file type

Save Code as .reg file and merge:

Code:
    "Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg... [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 27, 2022
  4. heartog Win User

"Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg...

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. "Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg... - Similar Threads - Open context menu

2. "Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Open with" from the context menu not showing all options to open file particularly a .blg...: So, a user was upgraded to a new PC with Windows 11 they had a device with Windows 10 previously. This user has to use several versions of the same modeling software for .blg files. On the user's old machine, they were able to use the context menu to select the version of...
  3. "Open with" option disappears from file context menu when selecting multiple files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open with" option disappears from file context menu when selecting multiple files: Any way to fix this? Even if all selected files have the same extension, the option is still missing. submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7p345/open_with_option_disappears_from_file_context/
  4. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-click context menu not showing all the options: [ATTACH] I am trying to add a new .txt file to edit but there is no option. if I go to my file explorer and right-click and in the new tab there not a lot of options and not nay that i am familiar with other then the shortcut...
  5. Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu: I tried this a few months ago and failed after a lot of tweaking in the regedit. Probably this guide Remove Programs from Open with Context Menu in Windows and some other where it said how to add. I gave up. Now I have a new computer with a fresh Windows 10, and is at it...
  6. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  7. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  8. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  9. "Open" command in Context Menu on EXE files Showing Wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open" command in Context Menu on EXE files Showing Wrong: Dear All, I made a mistake with registry editing because I thought that some files were not opening. Fortunately, it turned out okay, but this has left me with a strange problem. Whilst opening EXE files, the context menu displays the code "%1" %1, which I remember from the...
  10. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...