Windows 10: open with in app default programs

Discus and support open with in app default programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adamrb, Mar 30, 2019.

1. adamrb Win User

open with in app default programs

hi all,
    I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was something i did but it is still the same. I have tried to manually access to app program, but this doesn't work either after adjusting the permissions.

I can manually add polarr from PC as an app, but it still doesn't work. i ave looked on boards but this get very complicated with adjusting permissions a a lot and I am worried I will make things worse.

Can anyone think of any solutions, it must be a biproduct of an update.

:)

adamrb, Mar 30, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done open with in app default programs :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, Mar 30, 2019
  4. open with in app default programs

App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Hi Hitkary,

It seems that there is no default app set to open these kind of files. Can you still recall the type of app or program that opens this kind of file?

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest assigning a default app or program to open it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • At the bottom, click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for the .e8d549184 file.
    • Once found, click the + sign on the right and select the app you want to use.

Once you've successfully set the default app, try opening the file again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

open with in app default programs

1. open with in app default programs - Similar Threads - open app default

2. Changing default open app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default open app: How can I change the default open app for pdf files when windows doesn't make adobe acrobat available as an option only Microsoft Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-open-app/d2fd766b-1b4d-4f25-9124-5c5ae0a54cd2
  3. Default Programs [Apps]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Programs [Apps]: I am trying to set a Default App for a specific File. Adobe Reader will open the File, but I cannot see the File Extension in the "Choose Default Apps by File Type" in Settings. The File Extension is "jsf"...
  4. Problem with default program to open a Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with default program to open a Drive: Hello, I didn't find any similar problems. When I double click on a drive (C: D: or USB Drive), it should open in the file explorer. But since I migrated to Windows 10, it's the bitlocker activation that opens automatically.... If I right click, I see "Enable...
  5. open with in app default programs

open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  6. Setting "default app" doesn't work, it opens with the wrong program

Setting "default app" doesn't work, it opens with the wrong program: I want my .pdf to be opened with my Adobe Acrobat Pro, and it is set as well in the default app settings, but it still opens them with Adobe Reader. Even when I go to the properties and change the program to the exe file in the folder - it still uses the wrong program. How...
  7. Opening programs/apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening programs/apps: When I double click on an app or a program, I get a blue circle for a few seconds, it stops, and nothing happens. The program/app does not open. This happens to old and newly installed programs and apps. It happens off and on. Help?...
  8. Program windows default opening settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program windows default opening settings?: Seem to be getting new behaviour. Programs and folders are opening in a consistent central position and size. That persists however I then close and re-open. I'm pretty sure they used to re-appear wherever I last positioned them. I thought it might be down to...
  9. all default apps not opening

all default apps not opening: None of my default apps will open: start, cortana, settings, mail, notifications, etc. Rebooting does not help. Cannot access settings to run Windows Update. Solutions? Everything worked fine yesterday....
  10. Default apps for opening files

Default apps for opening files: How do you change the programs/apps which appear on the drop-down lists next to each file extension type in the "Choose default apps by file type" menu? I'm trying to associate the Windows Photos app with the .webp extension which Google is now saving many of my pictures...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open default apps