Windows 10: "Open with" isn't showing certain applications

Discus and support "Open with" isn't showing certain applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use netbeans to open java files for coding and wanted to check my code in text edit before turning it in. Now I can't switch the files back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sigueson, Sep 8, 2020.

1. "Open with" isn't showing certain applications

I use netbeans to open java files for coding and wanted to check my code in text edit before turning it in. Now I can't switch the files back to netbeans because it isn't showing up in the "open with" tab.

submitted by /u/Sigueson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sigueson, Sep 8, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Sep 8, 2020
  4. tdehan Win User

"Open with" isn't showing certain applications

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

"Open with" isn't showing certain applications

1. "Open with" isn't showing certain applications - Similar Threads - Open isn't showing

2. Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search: Hello,I am on Windows 11. When I use certain applications and pinch to zoom, Windows search opens with every swipe which is very inconvenient for certain apps - I have not tested every app on my computer, but this does not happen in at least Firefox, Chrome, or on the...
  3. Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search: Hello,I am on Windows 11. When I use certain applications and pinch to zoom, Windows search opens with every swipe which is very inconvenient for certain apps - I have not tested every app on my computer, but this does not happen in at least Firefox, Chrome, or on the...
  4. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  5. Discoloration on certain applications

Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  6. Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer: Recently I built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro from a usb drive, and have been having trouble running certain programs and games. When I started to reinstall programs I noticed Google Chrome would not open, as soon as I double clicked it would open for half a...
  7. Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer

Please help troubleshoot certain applications not opening or restarting computer: Recently I built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro from a usb drive, and have been having trouble running certain programs and games. When I started to reinstall programs I noticed Google Chrome would not open, as soon as I double clicked it would open for half a...
  8. After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After a certain amount of time, applications stop opening.: For the past 2 days I've been having this issue where after a certain amount of time after startup, I am unable to open any application. I've so far had no issue with system applications and this issue is persistent on all drives. I've done a scan on boot to check for any...
  9. Problem opening certain applications.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem opening certain applications.: Recently, something has happened on my computer which has prevented me from opening certain applications such as Snipping Tool and the Windows Installer which is used to download other apps. It opens, works for a few seconds, freezes then closes. Does anybody have a fix for...
  10. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....