Windows 10: "Open with" not showing up for some programs

Discus and support "Open with" not showing up for some programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everybody Title really says everything basically theres a program where the option to "open with" isn't there. Though its still there on almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flexion16, Aug 3, 2020.

1. "Open with" not showing up for some programs

Hey everybody

Title really says everything basically theres a program where the option to "open with" isn't there. Though its still there on almost every other program. Can anyone help?

submitted by /u/Flexion16
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Flexion16, Aug 3, 2020
  2. BlueSanta Win User

Uninstall a program that doesn't show up?

I downloaded and installer a Program(YouTubeToMP4). It went to Programs (x86) and does not show up on the Uninstall list.

Any suggestions?

BlueSanta, Aug 3, 2020
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Program opening with with poer up.

Did you open Task Manager as I suggested? Please don't make this more difficult than it needs to be.

JimWynne, Aug 3, 2020
  4. FortMax05 Win User

"Open with" not showing up for some programs

Unable to get some programs to display in "open with" menu.

I have been unable to get some programs to display in the "open with" context menu list, even if I've previously had them set as the default program for that filetype. Now, these programs are present in the "choose another app" popup, but not the context
    menu's list. (they do not show up in the Default Programs lists either.

I suspect this has to do with these programs never having been installed, as the programs I am having this issue with are freeware programs that are released as "standalone" and have no installer. And I have no idea how to make an installer to do that.

Anyone have any ideas?

FortMax05, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

"Open with" not showing up for some programs

1. "Open with" not showing up for some programs - Similar Threads - Open showing programs

2. I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with": It's not really crucial, but it can lead to misunderstandings. I uninstalled the programs, so I figured other files relevant to it are also wiped. I deleted the folder from Program Files too, but still it shows up like this. It shows without an icon though. Any tips? Thanks...
  3. I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I uninstalled some programs but they're still showing up as options in the "open file with": It's not really crucial, but it can lead to misunderstandings. I uninstalled the programs, so I figured other files relevant to it are also wiped. I deleted the folder from Program Files too, but still it shows up like this. It shows without an icon though. Any tips? Thanks...
  4. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  5. Some programs not showing in programs and features

Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  6. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Some programs not opening/crashing

Some programs not opening/crashing: I recently got a new laptop and it has been working great. However, sometimes asus's armoury crate and realtek audio console would open but crash a second later. I have tried updating both but the problem persists...
  8. Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu

Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu: I tried this a few months ago and failed after a lot of tweaking in the regedit. Probably this guide Remove Programs from Open with Context Menu in Windows and some other where it said how to add. I gave up. Now I have a new computer with a fresh Windows 10, and is at it...
  9. Some programs not showing up in search

in Cortana
    Some programs not showing up in search: I recently had to do a clean install of windows, and when I redownloaded some programs, specifically NordVPN and uTorrent, they don't show up when I search for them. I have done an index already, but it did not work....
  10. Some programs are not opening

Some programs are not opening: Some programs such as the task manager or Google Chrome refuse to open under any circumstance. Task manager can be opened but i have to press the windows key then type task manager and run it as admin from there. Google chrome stopped working completely and i uninstalled it...