Windows 10: Open with Paint 3D

Discus and support Open with Paint 3D in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I no longer have Microsoft Paint 3-D. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it allowed me to pin to taskbar. However, previously when I right clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Caty Knight, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Open with Paint 3D

I no longer have Microsoft Paint 3-D. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it allowed me to pin to taskbar. However, previously when I right clicked on a photo it would have a drop down box and say, “open with” and I would have the option of clicking on it. For some reason it is no longer an option. It is very not accessible from a photo.

:)

Caty Knight, Jun 16, 2024

2. Paint 3D: Can't open project

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having difficulties with Paint 3D app on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Paint 3D installed on the PC?
    • Did you try opening any other project or did you try to open the same project on a different device?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 3 & 7 from this article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D app.

1. Close Paint 3D app. Press
      Windows + X key.
    2. Select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
      from the list.
    3. Copy and paste this command:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.MSPaint* | Remove-AppxPackage

4. Press Enter key and once the process completes, restart the PC.
    5. After restart go to Microsoft Store and install
      Paint 3D.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. We will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 16, 2024
  3. Lowering triangle amount on Paint 3D

Hi,

The option to increase or decrease the number of triangles/polygons in
    Paint 3D
    is a great idea. We suggest the you share your idea/feedback so that it will be considered in future updates of the app. Here are the steps to send a feedback:

• Open the Paint 3D app.
    • Click on Menu.
    • On the lower left portion, select Help and Feedback.
    • Press the Give feedback button under Give feedback.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 16, 2024
  4. Open with Paint 3D

Recent app "Paint 3D" - how to get the job done?

If the troubleshooting steps provided above didn't work to your Windows 10, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Paint 3D. You can follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click the System icon.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Look for the entry named Paint 3D and then click it to see the Uninstall button.
    • Click the Uninstall button and then click Uninstall again when you see the confirmation dialog to completely remove Paint 3D from your Windows 10 installation.

We also suggest that you create a new profile in Windows 10 to verify if this is an issue with your Windows profile, you can follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jun 16, 2024
Thema:

Open with Paint 3D

1. Open with Paint 3D - Similar Threads - Open Paint

2. Opening a thumbnail in Paint makes drawing slow/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening a thumbnail in Paint makes drawing slow/lag: Hi everyone, so recently I ran into a really weird problem. I do a lot of drawings in mspaint and have been working on one in the new Windows 11 version for quite some time, probably have about 10 hours of recording so far. I noticed in the new Windows 11 version that the...
  3. Opening a thumbnail in Paint makes drawing slow/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a thumbnail in Paint makes drawing slow/lag: Hi everyone, so recently I ran into a really weird problem. I do a lot of drawings in mspaint and have been working on one in the new Windows 11 version for quite some time, probably have about 10 hours of recording so far. I noticed in the new Windows 11 version that the...
  4. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...: So yeah why did Microsoft decide to just kill support for it and make it so you have to manually open it first then open a file in it instead of just right click then "open with Paint 3D" now?...
  5. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...: So yeah why did Microsoft decide to just kill support for it and make it so you have to manually open it first then open a file in it instead of just right click then "open with Paint 3D" now?...
  6. Why was Paint 3D deprecated and made so that you can't open images with it directly by the...

7. I cannot open Ibis paint which I downloaded on Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot open Ibis paint which I downloaded on Microsoft Store.: I downloaded Ibis Paint on Microsoft Store; everything seems to go smoothly until I tried to open the application. It gave me an error message saying, "The operation attempted to access data outside the valid range". I restarted my laptop a couple times, but it still wouldn't...
  8. I cannot open Ibis paint which I downloaded on Microsoft Store.

I cannot open Ibis paint which I downloaded on Microsoft Store.: I downloaded Ibis Paint on Microsoft Store; everything seems to go smoothly until I tried to open the application. It gave me an error message saying, "The operation attempted to access data outside the valid range". I restarted my laptop a couple times, but it still wouldn't...
  9. Installed 3D visualizer to acess mixtured reality in paint 3d on win 11 but when opened it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed 3D visualizer to acess mixtured reality in paint 3d on win 11 but when opened it...: i'm having this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-3d-visualizer-to-acess-mixtured-reality/510c6c9a-f802-439b-8024-029862dd1549
  10. Installed 3D visualizer to acess mixtured reality in paint 3d on win 11 but when opened it...

Installed 3D visualizer to acess mixtured reality in paint 3d on win 11 but when opened it...: i'm having this problem: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-3d-visualizer-to-acess-mixtured-reality/510c6c9a-f802-439b-8024-029862dd1549