Windows 10: "Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?

Discus and support "Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So maybe i stopped updating windows when i Heard that MS was Deleting our files. Then some time later i found out that "Use By Default" function isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PRince4, Nov 4, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

"Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?

So maybe i stopped updating windows when i Heard that MS was Deleting our files.

Then some time later i found out that "Use By Default" function isn't setting the Application to use for opening a certain file.

Like this :

"Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore? [​IMG]

So i thought something probably went wrong after the update, but If i install a program which modifies the "Open with by Default" entry for the known file types then it works. But it isn't working with Windows.

Please help me fix this.

:)

PRince4, Nov 4, 2018

2. WIN phone 8.1 update -> wi-fi doesn´t work

Hello!

Yesterday I installed WP 8.1 (Nokia Lumia 625). After updating my wi-fi doesn´t work anymore. The phone finds networks, but can´t connect. Where is the problem?

green-heart, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Nov 4, 2018
  4. "Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

"Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?

1. "Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore? - Similar Threads - Open Default Doesn't

2. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  3. Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.: It opens and immediately closes.Faulting application name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eFaulting module name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eException code: 0xc000001dFault offset: 0x00000000014f2371Faulting process id:...
  4. Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.: It opens and immediately closes.Faulting application name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eFaulting module name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eException code: 0xc000001dFault offset: 0x00000000014f2371Faulting process id:...
  5. Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt: It's gone! WiFi doesn't work anymore! After using MBR2GPT, it just won't work anymore. A log from a game says that NameResolutionFailure shows up when checking from updates. System: Asus K52F Intel i3 370M Intel iGPU 500GB SSD 161384
  6. Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi doesn't work anymore after using mbr2gpt: It's gone! WiFi doesn't work anymore! After using MBR2GPT, it just won't work anymore. A log from a game says that NameResolutionFailure shows up when checking from updates. System: Asus K52F Intel i3 370M Intel iGPU 500GB SSD 161384
  7. Fingertip doesn't work anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingertip doesn't work anymore: I've had this windows hello fingertip thing and it doesn't work anymore i tried to update the driver "Biometric devices" as in the picture but it says that it's already updated, my windows is updated as well[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Notebook doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notebook doesn't work anymore: Hi. I need emergency help So, I have this Lenovo Ideapad 320 for about 8months and it suddenly started having "blue screen" errors. I did what i found in the community, and that was cleaning my HD by CMD, it helped that was March 18th. Then everything was fine until...
  9. License doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License doesn't work anymore: My computer started to tell me my license was going to expire, and I didn't really look into it. Then the messages stopped coming up, and was replaced with a Activate Windows thing in the corner. Today, I wanted to play a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to...
  10. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth doesn't work anymore: A few moments ago my bluetooth stopped workig. I already tried to follow your faq on how to fix the problems similar to mine, but nothing worked. Then I found this topic: click. It's identical to my case: after I disinstalled the bluetooth from Device Manager and rebooted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open with default doesnt work

2. open with doent work anymore