Windows 10: Open With

Discus and support Open With in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Is There Any Way To Use "Look For An App In Microsoft Store" As "Open With" Again I Wanted To Reset My Pc But All My Files Will Get Removed And I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MsAstra, May 8, 2021.

1. MsAstra Win User

Open With

Hi Is There Any Way To Use "Look For An App In Microsoft Store" As "Open With" Again I Wanted To Reset My Pc But All My Files Will Get Removed And I Don't Have A Flash Drive Big Enough To Transfer My Documents And Files In.

:)

MsAstra, May 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Open With :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 8, 2021
  3. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 8, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Open With

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Open With

1. Open With - Similar Threads - Open

2. Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening: I have a particular folder in my PC that I open frequently, which contains 20GB of large-sized DSLR photographs. Every time I open the folder, the photos are sorted to a default arrangement before taking a few seconds to refresh and revert back to the sorting arrangement I...
  3. file explorer app gets crashed when i select a video or some times when i open a folder.

file explorer app gets crashed when i select a video or some times when i open a folder.: I tried sfc /scannow and restorehelth methods but didnt resolve the problem. i found out this- Fault Module Name: mfmp4srcsnk.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.906....
  4. Several Applications not opening as a result of WinRAR installation.

Several Applications not opening as a result of WinRAR installation.: Several of my applications have been closing within a few seconds of opening as a result of a WinRAR installation, including Notepad, photos, davinci resolve and other extraction applications such as 7zip.During the Installation of WinRAR, it said something about modify Hkeys...
  5. Best Open Source App to Queue Copy folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Open Source App to Queue Copy folders: Hi All, What is the easiest to use Win10 app for copying a lot of folders to various other target folders in an automatic way without I having to babysit the copy process? In short, I just want to be able to queue up all of the correct target folders I want the data copied to...
  6. Help with having an application always open on primary monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with having an application always open on primary monitor?: Hello. I use two monitors. I always want my internet browser window to open on the primary monitor. I know one solution is to drag the window to the right monitor, close it, and then it will remember that next time. Problem is, I actively use my internet browser on my...
  7. Apps and URLs take minutes to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and URLs take minutes to open: Hi everyone,I've been having some strange issues with Windows 10 for months now and no matter what I tried, I was not able to fix it.First issue is that apps take a few minutes to open, starting from 1-2 minutes for desktop apps and 3-5 or more minutes for UWP apps.The second...
  8. Best Open Source App to Queue Copy folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Open Source App to Queue Copy folders: Hi All, What is the easiest to use Win10 app for copying a lot of folders to various other target folders in an automatic way without I having to babysit the copy process? In short, I just want to be able to queue up all of the correct target folders I want the data copied to...
  9. cortana won't open word

in Cortana
    cortana won't open word: I asked her to open word but she said sorry I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-word/735b3318-5d5a-4acc-a91d-8cd00968a407
  10. Windows Search Opens When Typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Opens When Typing: HelloI saw this question in locked threads but it is at least for me an open question since I have updated to 21H1.A PC with many version updates started to behave strange: when typing, be it in CMD, the browser or any other text field, Windows search opens. Sometimes after a...