Windows 10: "OpenAL": Safe to Remove?

Discus and support "OpenAL": Safe to Remove? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I am using Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit. A few weeks ago, the IT person in my office installed a new video card on our PC (AMD ATI Radeon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrm3601, May 17, 2016.

1. mrm3601 Win User

"OpenAL": Safe to Remove?

Hello.

I am using Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit. A few weeks ago, the IT person in my office installed a new video card on our PC (AMD ATI Radeon HD 5450). Since then, I have seen OpenAL in the program list.

Neither I, nor wife, play games on our PC. Is it safe to uninstall OpenAL?

Thank you.

:)

mrm3601, May 17, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, May 17, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, May 17, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

derekimo, May 17, 2016
  5. mrm3601 Win User
    On the same date that OpenAL was installed, the IT person from my office installed a new sound card: Asus Essence STX II. Could it be that OpenAL was installed with the sound card?

Thank you again.

mrm3601, May 18, 2016
  6. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome.

I would say that's probably where it came from, someone in that other thread I linked said it was installed with their sound card too.

I would just let it be if it were me.

derekimo, May 18, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    Yes, it's a 3D sound software interface. You may never use it, as it's mainly for games. As far as I know, it doesn't use a lot of resources.

bobkn, May 18, 2016
  8. mrm3601 Win User

Thank you for all of your responses. I will not remove OpenAL.

Thank you again.

mrm3601, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "OpenAL": Safe to Remove? - Similar Threads - OpenAL Safe Remove

2. "Safe to Remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Safe to Remove Hardware": Windows11 "Safe to Remove Hardware" The Icon appears when ask to eject but the "Safe to Remove Hardware" does not show to remove. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-remove-hardware/b6fed1d0-bcf2-4c97-8d1c-e18aba09f305
  3. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  4. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware: I don't see the safely remove hardware icon on my Windows 10 taskbar. After checking the list of available icons in settings, it's missing in action! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware/786e43ce-bb75-4ccd-92f6-c2b5e10060c7
  5. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  6. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  7. Is removing "Removed Apps" safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is removing "Removed Apps" safe?: So about a month ago, I got some virus thing, and I had to factory reset my computer due to Norton Antivirus not catching it and me not being able to delete it manually. When I did, I got some thing on my desktop called "Removed Apps" (Shown in the picture). I have no idea if...
  8. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  9. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the usb stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  10. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584