Windows 10: opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not...

Discus and support opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am on WIN 10 chinese, and yesterday the screen suddenly turned black. After it came back, the taskbar did not function anymore I did not install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HSha, Aug 19, 2021.

1. HSha Win User

opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not...

I am on WIN 10 chinese, and yesterday the screen suddenly turned black. After it came back, the taskbar did not function anymore I did not install anything yesterday.If I open a new app, only a blue line as follows will show up on the taskbar and it is unclickable some icons will show up randomly. If I minimize the window, there is no way to reopen this window from the taskbar. If I close the window, the blue line is not getting removed resulting a bunch of unclickable blue lines sitting on the taskbar.The clock is also freezed and only gets updated randomly, but if I click on the time,

:)

2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 19, 2021
  3. davidhk Win User
    Clock on taskbar missing ':'

There is a thread in this forum which has an answer :
    Win 10 Pro Creators update taskbar clock anomaly - any suggestions?

The answer was given by threevolve, post #9.
    3 other members in the same thread had confirmed that the solution worked.

davidhk, Aug 19, 2021
  4. noten Win User

opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not...

Missing Taskbar Icons

I'm having the same problem with 'Metro' icons. They don't show in the taskbar and they don't show within other apps. Shortcuts just show the generic page icon. The only place app icons show is in the start menu and those are really tiles.

Here's an example of what I'm dealing with:

opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes,  multiple methods did not... [​IMG]

I have tried scf (sfc?) scan and dsim, no luck. Have also tried everything mentioned in this thread. Nothing.

One suggestion that offered some promise was to look at the icon files to see if they look alright but didn't suggest anything beyond that. I browsed to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6310.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images and found some icon files that seemed ok but then a bunch that appeared blank:

opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes,  multiple methods did not... [​IMG]

Any thoughts?

noten, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

1. opened app icons missing from Win 10 taskbar, clock freezes, multiple methods did not... - Similar Threads - opened app icons

2. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  3. Multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 lose icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 lose icons in taskbar: I've noticed that multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to WIn 11 lose icons on the taskbar, and Windows explorer has to be restarted to get them back. But new computers that came with Win 11 installed do not seem to have that problem. I've used sfc /scannow and no problems...
  4. Multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 lose icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 lose icons in taskbar: I've noticed that multiple computers upgraded from Win 10 to WIn 11 lose icons on the taskbar, and Windows explorer has to be restarted to get them back. But new computers that came with Win 11 installed do not seem to have that problem. I've used sfc /scannow and no problems...
  5. Clock Missing From Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Missing From Taskbar: My systems updated today and the clock and date disappeared from my taskbar. I've gone to the "turn system icons on or off" section in settings and it says that I've toggled the clock on, but it still won't show up. I've tried toggling it on and off with no success, though...
  6. Clock missing from taskbar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock missing from taskbar on Windows 10: I recently updated my computer which is running Windows 10. Now my clock is missing from the taskbar. How to I pin it to taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-missing-from-taskbar-on-windows-10/356e9b3b-6506-477d-bbb1-8c79913b3f1c
  7. icons are missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    icons are missing from the taskbar: Is Start Menu Troubleshooter still available? I've got the problem where icons are missing from the taskbar but otherwise the system seems fine. I've run /sfc scannow but it's unable to fix the corrupted files. I've run DISM and repaired the component score but it's still...
  8. Clock on taskbar missing ':'

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock on taskbar missing ':': Hello, I fired up the pc yesterday and noticed that the clock on the taskbar is now displaying a square o instead of a colon. Anyone have an idea on how to get the colon back on the clock? (screenshot attached) [img] Thanks! 96436
  9. Missing App Icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing App Icons on Taskbar: No app icons will appear on the taskbar. They show fine in the Start menu, but are missing on the taskbar. It only includes apps, no installed programs are having this issue. This includes calculator, Edge, Xbox, etc. I tried rebuilding the icon cache from this tutorial, but...
  10. App ICON's missing in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    App ICON's missing in Taskbar: Hello all, I've been running Windows 10 for a year or so now.. I tend to run several (dozens) of applications at the same time, and to manage that, I would hover the mouse over the icons in the task bar to see which running application, I wanted to access. For example,...