Windows 10: opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

Discus and support opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by peteviesca, Aug 7, 2019.

1. opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

:)

peteviesca, Aug 7, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Opening a Word Document

Thank you for replying. The first line of my post did say

• "I need to open a Word Document on a government website to complete a form."

SheenaRead, Aug 7, 2019
  4. asus2016 Win User

opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again - Similar Threads - opened microsoft word

2. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  3. word document will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  4. I can't open a word document in the browser, whenever I open it, does it open the word,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open a word document in the browser, whenever I open it, does it open the word,...: When I select to open any document in the browser or I drag the file to the browser, it downloads the document and does not open at all in the browser. I have the same problem with chrome, firefox and edge chrominum I want to open the document in the document viewer of the...
  5. Opening Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Word documents: Hi - As of yesterday evening I have been unable to open any documents either Word or PDF on my Lenovo ideapad laptop. Can anyone advise how to solve this please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-word-documents/46f3303a-40c6-42bf-b342-3a6e5e41a494
  6. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  7. opening word documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening word documents: My laptop will not open current saved documents in word on desktop. A window opens and goes to reconfigure, then asks if I want to reboot. After reboot the same thing happens when I try to open a word document. This happens with all of word documents on desktop. However, word...
  8. I cannot open Word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open Word documents: My OS is Windows 10 and I have recently installed Office 365 but I cannot open either a new document docx or one attached to an email . While an error message sometimes appears it disappears off the screen before I can read it. Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to...
  9. Toolbar stops working on word document being opened by a browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toolbar stops working on word document being opened by a browser: Basically, when I use my browser, Firefox, too download a Word document and press "Open with Microsoft Word", my computer's toolbar stops working, when I click on any toolbar it runs the alt-tab function (opening the previously selected window and bringing it to the...
  10. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents: I am try to help my friend correct an issue. She update her Windows 7 operating system with Windows 10 version 1803, in doing so her previous application of Microsoft Works was not useable and called me for help. Windows 10 version 1803 is now updated to Windows 10 version...