Windows 10: opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

Discus and support opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by peteviesca, Aug 7, 2019.

1. opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

:)

peteviesca, Aug 7, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Opening a Word Document

Thank you for replying. The first line of my post did say

• "I need to open a Word Document on a government website to complete a form."

SheenaRead, Aug 7, 2019
  4. asus2016 Win User

opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again

Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. opened my microsoft word document then it stopped working and i could not open it again - Similar Threads - opened microsoft word

2. Unable to open Word document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Word document: Can any one help? I have a word document that I am unable to open. When I click on the document it comes up with 'unable to read this content, do you want to recover? However when I click yes it then comes up with 'word experienced an error '. I've searched multiple things to...
  3. Opening documents saved in Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening documents saved in Word: Hello I have many documents created in Open Office but saved as Word docs so they can be sent to others in a readable form. Suddenly they no can no longer be opened and any attempt to do so brings up a window stating that 'You are trying to use Office but you don't have...
  4. How do I open old word documents

How do I open old word documents: How do I open old word documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-old-word-documents/7c33c35b-b89b-421f-b69b-2e2eadb22990"
  5. Opening documents

Opening documents: When I click on a document to open it, I sometimes get a flashing orange box next to the normal blue box on the taskbar. When I click on the flashing orange box, the document opens. Is it telling me something needs to be fixed?...
  6. Timed 'open' status on Word documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timed 'open' status on Word documents: Hello all, Often I get up from my work desk to have a coffee, or lunch etc and I forget to close the word document I'm amending or creating. This is bad, but it happens. OK, I could make the desktop hibernate after a few minutes, but that's inconvenient. All I really need...
  7. Several New Word Documents open when Opening Discord

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several New Word Documents open when Opening Discord: Hello! In the last few days or so I've had a very weird issue that I've never seen before. I run Windows 10. On my taskbar I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft Word. When I turn my laptop on, I click the Discord shortcut to open it. Discord will open, but so...
  8. When I open MS Word documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280
  9. can not open word document

can not open word document: I just upgraded office 2007 to office 2016. On all of my fils that I made with my older version can be opened with 2016. But if I create a new document with Word 2016 and save it, when I try to open it a message pops up telling me that this is valid only with installed...
  10. Word document opens in gibberish

Word document opens in gibberish: I am using Word 2007. A few of the documents I transferred from my old computer have opened in gibberish e.g Code: ãªh–8mÆBÍ× RCq,cÊ[Q·$‡'“JQ½˜ÞžéfÞU’PÄaèzÕy›;ˆ•Ô ÇÍÞ*{Ñ» *Uˆn[1]Æx*ÇÍj[/quote] The method recommended by Msoft...