Windows 10: Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in"

Discus and support Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, Earlier today I turned my PC on but instead of it automatically logging in, it said "user profile service failed to log in" - of course, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Omar_TarekH, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in"

Greetings, Earlier today I turned my PC on but instead of it automatically logging in, it said "user profile service failed to log in" - of course, I had no idea what that meant so I just clicked ok and continued to the log in part, and when I logged in instead of the 'welcome' text it said 'preparing windows'.When my windows loaded, ALL of my data was lost, everything was reset back to normal as if I had just re-installed my windows. Everything associated with my user, gone out of nowhere though I had not done anything wrong. Yesterday, I shut down my PC with no issue at all nor had I downloa

:)

Omar_TarekH, Feb 12, 2024

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Feb 12, 2024
  3. ElsaAy Win User
    User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

After the windows 7 update of KB04490628 on 3/19/2019, the system errors when trying to log on to the pc account with the message user profile service: service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

I have logged into an alternate administrator account on the PC that was not corrupted and tried to uninstall the 3/19/2019 windows update but it will not allow that update to be uninstalled.

What steps can I take to correct the issue with the account. Everything on the PC is under the corrupt account. I have gone in and backed up onto a flash drive all of the pictures and documents, etc under the failing account using
    the administrative ID but would really like to correct the user account. I saw a similar issue listed under Vista but several non-vista users indicated the steps there did not fix their problem.

ElsaAy, Feb 12, 2024
  4. VinceB Win User

Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in"

User Profile Service Service failed! User profile cannot be loaded.

Brink:
    I am using registry editor from command prompt. Drilled down to c:windows\system32\config inside the Load Hive dialog window. Have selected (checked box) the SAM file; clicking on Open opens error message that says:

SAM
    This file is in use.
    Enter a new name or close the file that's open in another program.

_______

I am at a loss, since I am not running any other program!

Any suggestions?

The SAM file is listed as being 64KB file size.

VinceB, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in"

1. Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in" - Similar Threads - Opened morning nowhere

2. Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in": Greetings, Earlier today I turned my PC on but instead of it automatically logging in, it said "user profile service failed to log in" - of course, I had no idea what that meant so I just clicked ok and continued to the log in part, and when I logged in instead of the...
  3. Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opened my PC this morning and out of nowhere it said "User profile service failed to log in": Greetings, Earlier today I turned my PC on but instead of it automatically logging in, it said "user profile service failed to log in" - of course, I had no idea what that meant so I just clicked ok and continued to the log in part, and when I logged in instead of the...
  4. The user profile service service failed to log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The user profile service service failed to log In: I fully reset my computer but when it booted back up it took me to the log in screen like it had not done the reset and when I try to login it comes up with “the user profile service service failed to log In....
  5. The user profile service service failed to log In

The user profile service service failed to log In: I fully reset my computer but when it booted back up it took me to the log in screen like it had not done the reset and when I try to login it comes up with “the user profile service service failed to log In....
  6. The user profile service service failed to log In

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Locked out, User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out, User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.: I reset this laptop and now I cannot login. The forums keep showing steps like Microsoft button plus etc.. Those are impossible to use because I am stuck at the "Enter Pin" window....
  8. Locked out, User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out, User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.: I reset this laptop and now I cannot login. The forums keep showing steps like Microsoft button plus etc.. Those are impossible to use because I am stuck at the "Enter Pin" window....
  9. User Profile Service service has failed log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service has failed log in.: After I updated from windows 10 to 11 I decided I wanted to reset my pc so I wiped it clean with the recovery. After boot up I can no longer sign in as I am given that error. When I try to boot with safe mode I log in then I am stuck in an endless welcome loop where it just...
  10. User Profile Service service has failed log in.

User Profile Service service has failed log in.: After I updated from windows 10 to 11 I decided I wanted to reset my pc so I wiped it clean with the recovery. After boot up I can no longer sign in as I am given that error. When I try to boot with safe mode I log in then I am stuck in an endless welcome loop where it just...