Windows 10: OpenGL app crashes on headless system after Windows update

Discus and support OpenGL app crashes on headless system after Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an OpenGL application that worked without any problems as Windows service launched under SYSTEM on a headless server. OS: Windows 10 Pro, Card:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LebedevAndrew, Sep 17, 2020.

1. OpenGL app crashes on headless system after Windows update

I have an OpenGL application that worked without any problems as Windows service launched under SYSTEM on a headless server. OS: Windows 10 Pro, Card: NVIDIA GTX 2080. But after update of Windows 8th September update the same application crashes when I try to work with OpenGL calls. After Windows update it showed such information in a log about available version of OpenGL: OpenGL 0.0 Vendor: Microsoft Corporation Renderer: GDI Generic But before update it showed that version was 4.6 and vendor NVIDIA nothing else was changed. Updating NVIDIA driver to the latest 452.06 WHQL did not solve the problem. Only Windows restore helped. The problem Windows update:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4571756/windows-10-update-kb4571756

Why after Windows update only MS version of OpenGL is available for a service such version is not suitable for my application?

:)

LebedevAndrew, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows Update breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

Hi,

one of my applications is running as a service started from the SYSTEM-user and was using OpenGL before without any problems. No I have problems on machines that have Windows Version 1903 - A regular Deskop User gets an opengl-context without any problems,
    but the SYSTEM-user only gets opengl version 1.1.

Is there any workaround for this problem?

I already tried the following:

• Reinstall drivers
    • Purge and reinstall driver
    • Set "interactive" flag for windows service

Monitor is attached and a user is logged in.

Marco Dennstädt, Sep 17, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 17, 2020
  4. OpenGL app crashes on headless system after Windows update

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

OpenGL app crashes on headless system after Windows update

1. OpenGL app crashes on headless system after Windows update - Similar Threads - OpenGL app crashes

2. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  3. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system crashing after updates: Did the updates today, restarted twice. Then started to do a little sim racing, a few minutes into that and suddenly the screen goes to a light blue with the message "your system has encountered a problem", it says its gathering info, a % number goes up, and when its done it...
  4. system crashing after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia OpenGL Driver crashing: Hello,I've been getting crashes constantly while playing games due to the Nvidia drivers crashing.I have tried many drivers using DDU but the crashes stayed. So, it is not a heating problem and not a driver issue.Any Help?Here are the Event Viewer error logs:1* The...
  6. Interpret Windows logging to determine cause of system hang of headless system

Interpret Windows logging to determine cause of system hang of headless system: This turned out to be most likely more a Windows issue than something else. I have a headless system running Windows 10 Pro for my Domoticz home automation. Every now and then the system completely stops responding. I cannot get to my home automation website. I don't see...
  7. How to update windows etc on a headless machine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to update windows etc on a headless machine.: Hi I am wanting to run a headless media server with windows 10 as that is what I am comfortable with. I have a few questions about "maintaining" a windows server without keyboard/mouse/monitor (after initial setup): I want to be able to connect to my machine and control it...
  8. Windows Update breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update breaks OpenGL support for SYSTEM-User: Hi, one of my applications is running as a service started from the SYSTEM-user and was using OpenGL before without any problems. No I have problems on machines that have Windows Version 1903 - A regular Deskop User gets an opengl-context without any problems, but the...
  9. System crashed after running updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System crashed after running updates: Split from this thread. Hello, I'm Stacey and I need so much help, please... I have two different laptops that my husband and I got and when we ran updates on both pc's they crashed. The MSI Laptop is stuck in windows update adding files reboot and my ASUS is stuck in...
  10. After installing update, system crashes

After installing update, system crashes: Hi, After the latest update got installed in my windows 10 system, my pc is having lots of problems. It takes a long time to start, long time to restart and long time to shutdown. If I hibernate and start Or if I resume it from standby, it results in a blue screen DRIVER...