Windows 10: openGL issues

Discus and support openGL issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop, all in one computer, which recently was updated to windows 10. I am currently having issues with a program saying I needed to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by turniprules4, Nov 18, 2015.

1. openGL issues

I have a desktop, all in one computer, which recently was updated to windows 10. I am currently having issues with a program saying I needed to have openGl 1.3 or later (I have checked and am running at 1.1). I have tried updating drivers , but apparently all drivers are at the max version the graphics card supports. Why was I able to run it before, but can't update now (I haven't updated the program)?

:)

turniprules4, Nov 18, 2015

2. After upgrading to Windows 10 I received the following message while installing," OpenGL is missing or outdated"

Re-installing OpenGl should fix the issue

Getting Started - OpenGL Wiki

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Nov 18, 2015
  3. Redmetal Win User
    Windows Store and AMD Dual-Graphics

I have the same issue and thought it was a driver issue. In addition I'm having problems running anything that requires OpenGL

Redmetal, Nov 18, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

openGL issues

OpenGL support depends on graphics hardware and of course graphics drivers. If your graphics card is not very old, try updating the graphics drivers from manufacturer (Intel, nVidia, AMD), not from Windows Update.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  5. I have tried updating through my graphics card's updater (Intel), no updates were available.

turniprules4, Nov 19, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    How old is your card? What model it is? If it is too old, you cannot do anything about it, apart from running the OpenGL application in Direct3D mode (would be fast if can be done) or in software mode (very slow). Examine the program's settings carefully to find how to do it.

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    It would be helpful if you fill in your system information.

What graphics drivers are installed? I'm not familiar with OpenGL support in the Microsoft Basic drivers, but it wouldn't be comparable to the support in drivers specific to your hardware.

You may have to work around the issue if your display adapter doesn't have official Win 10 drivers. (Or, revert to an older, supported OS.)

bobkn, Nov 20, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

openGL issues

If graphics card supports OpenGL 1.3 or higher in hardware, then installing latest OEM (not Microsoft) drivers should fix the problem. Use Aida64 to identify your hardware and update your technical specifications in your profile, so we can guide you.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  9. eLPuSHeR Win User
    You could also try running a OpenGL -> D3D wrapper if available.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 20, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    If you install Aida64, you can see exactly which version of OpenGL and which functions your card supports by going to Display -> OpenGL.

openGL issues [​IMG]

Then you can test OpenGL performance with the GpuTest utility.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  11. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Hmm. I think there is none for OpenGL -> D3D but there are some for the opposite... *cry

eLPuSHeR, Nov 21, 2015
  12. spapakons Win User
    Guess again! I did a little Google search for "OpenGL Direct3D wrapper" and the first result is qindie-dl, emulator of OpenGL through DirectX 9. Of course there must be others as well. *Wink

spapakons, Nov 21, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

openGL issues

*Thumbs

Needless to say I downloaded it as well! I don't need it for my system, but I am a computer technician and you never know where it might be handy...

spapakons, Nov 22, 2015
  14. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Heh. I had this one stored from a long time ago. There is also a software-based renderer.

TitaniumGL

eLPuSHeR, Nov 23, 2015
  15. spapakons Win User
    Thanks! This goes to my utilities collection as well. You never know when it will be useful...

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

openGL issues

1. openGL issues - Similar Threads - openGL issues

2. how do I even update openGL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I even update openGL: i hate apple for never updating openGL. I'm stuck on 3.1 and Intel thinks I don't need an update my Intel hd graphics 4000 SUPPORTS OPENGL 4!! and intel has nothing about openGL...
  3. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  4. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  5. Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...: Hi,I own a nice hdr monitor, in which i use generally always hdr mode instead sdr. The colors are not bad and the brightness is much higher, making the image much brighter and more vivid. In some games, i use the implemented hdr, but in games where hdr looks bad, i just use...
  6. Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...

Hdr issue in gaming on windows 11/10 all versions in opengl/vulkan api or all other apis...: Hi,I own a nice hdr monitor, in which i use generally always hdr mode instead sdr. The colors are not bad and the brightness is much higher, making the image much brighter and more vivid. In some games, i use the implemented hdr, but in games where hdr looks bad, i just use...
  7. Minecraft OpenGL error: 65542 Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft OpenGL error: 65542 Issue: I'm having a problem playing Minecraft Java Edition. Every time I start the game from the newest update an error pops up that said "it's not up to date of OpenGL" and I tried fixing it over and over again and there was no other way to fix it....
  8. Minecraft OpenGL error: 65542 Issue

Minecraft OpenGL error: 65542 Issue: I'm having a problem playing Minecraft Java Edition. Every time I start the game from the newest update an error pops up that said "it's not up to date of OpenGL" and I tried fixing it over and over again and there was no other way to fix it....
  9. Minecraft OpenGL error: 65542 Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Minecraft Shader issues and OpenGL Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Shader issues and OpenGL Errors: Figured I'd have a go with Shaders while playing Minecraft with my daughter, given it looks so amazing on her PC. This may not be the best forum to ask this, given it is a mod, but figured I'd have a go anyway as really quite frustrated. Every video and info source makes it...