Windows 10: OpenGL on 64-bit Windows

Discus and support OpenGL on 64-bit Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a c++ program I'm developing that uses OpenGL. When I compile it as 32-bit it works fine, when I compile it as 64-bit the OpenGL is very, very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elvis_the_King, Mar 28, 2019.

1. OpenGL on 64-bit Windows

I have a c++ program I'm developing that uses OpenGL. When I compile it as 32-bit it works fine, when I compile it as 64-bit the OpenGL is very, very slow. I'm using Windows SDK version 10.0.17763.0. I've tried a few others and see the same thing.

:)

Elvis_the_King, Mar 28, 2019

2. Windows 32 bits to 64 bits

Hi Kulbeer,

To upgrade from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions provided by
    Andre Da Costa in his article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 28, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Windows XP 64-bit is gold

Several Websites report that Windows XP 64-bit has reached gold status and is on the way to the CD manufacturer.

MSDN subscribers can already download the final release of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition.

The top 5 reasons to upgrade are (from MS Website):
    • High performance platform for the next generation of applications: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is a rich platform that enables the next generation of high-performance computing. 64-bit native applications can deliver more data per clock cycle, making them run faster and more efficiently.
    • Large memory support: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition will currently support up to 128 gigabytes (GB) of RAM and 16 terabytes of virtual memory, enabling applications to run faster when working with large data sets. Applications can preload substantially more data into virtual memory, allowing rapid access by the 64-bit processor.
    • Flexibility: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition provides a rich platform to integrate 64-bit technical applications and existing 32-bit business applications using the Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) x86 emulation layer, providing customers with the ability to move to 64-bit computing without having to sacrifice their existing investment in 32-bit software and Windows expertise.
    • Multiprocessing and multicore: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to support up to two single or multicore x64 processors for maximum performance and scalability.
    • Same programming model: Developers with 32-bit skills will be comfortable and quickly productive in the 64-bit Windows environment, finding it virtually identical to the development environment for 32-bit Windows.
    I have seen many reviews which compare 64-bit vs. 32-bit and there is not much gain to see, unless you use specialized applications.

W1zzard, Mar 28, 2019
  4. pepoluan Win User

OpenGL on 64-bit Windows

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

OpenGL on 64-bit Windows

1. OpenGL on 64-bit Windows - Similar Threads - OpenGL bit

2. how do I even update openGL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I even update openGL: i hate apple for never updating openGL. I'm stuck on 3.1 and Intel thinks I don't need an update my Intel hd graphics 4000 SUPPORTS OPENGL 4!! and intel has nothing about openGL...
  3. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  4. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  5. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset: What is the latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset graphics driver in windows 7?I'am currently in windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Please Answer the given question thanks>...
  6. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset: What is the latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset graphics driver in windows 7?I'am currently in windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Please Answer the given question thanks>...
  7. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?: In Adobe Photoshop HELP page, said: "Your graphics processor is not supported." If you are running Windows on an Intel-based system and have the support pack for OpenCL and OpenGL from Microsoft installed, the solution is to uninstall the support pack and restart your...
  9. How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?

How do I uninstall the support pack OpenCL y OpenGL de Microsoft?: In Adobe Photoshop HELP page, said: "Your graphics processor is not supported." If you are running Windows on an Intel-based system and have the support pack for OpenCL and OpenGL from Microsoft installed, the solution is to uninstall the support pack and restart your...
  10. How Should I Know if OpenGL or Vulkan is Enabled on My NVIDIA GPU?

How Should I Know if OpenGL or Vulkan is Enabled on My NVIDIA GPU?: I use Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 19045.3930. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-should-i-know-if-opengl-or-vulkan-is-enabled/e03680e8-5286-4696-b4d8-28be656085ef

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opengl windows 10 64 bits

2. opengl download windows 10 64 bit

3. open gl 3.0 download per windows 10 64 bit

4. opengl 64 bits windows 10,
  5. opengl 64 bits,
  6. opengl 64 bit,
  7. opengl download 64 bit,
  8. opengl for 64 bit windows,
  9. opengl 64 bit download windows 10,
  10. openGL for windows 10 64 bit,
  11. opengl 64bit,