Windows 10: opengl32.dll problem

Discus and support opengl32.dll problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! For the past few weeks ive been trying to fix corrupted files on my computer, and I think ive got one left. This all started a bit ago when I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AshtheSnowman, Apr 13, 2020.

1. opengl32.dll problem

Hi! For the past few weeks ive been trying to fix corrupted files on my computer, and I think ive got one left. This all started a bit ago when I tried to play a game that used the Battleye launcher. It said "Blocked loading of file: (blah blah) opengl32.dll" then randomly closed. Its been like that since I started. I tried using chkdsk, sfc /scannow, dism tools ect. Today I was searching up where I could download DLL files but none of them looked legit and I couldnt find a file straight from Windows. Is there a way to fix opengl? Please help!

submitted by /u/AshtheSnowman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AshtheSnowman, Apr 13, 2020
  2. OM-NC Win User

Problem with opengl32.dll on Windows10 after last full Windows update

I'm in the process of debugging my application, which was working well with opengl on Windows 10. The app is broken because of a seemingly missing opengl function. The problem seems to have started when I installed the latest update for Windows 10. I
    suspect that opengl32.dll is missing key functions for Windows.

Specifically, I always gained access to wglChoosePixelFormatARB by calling Windows wglGetProcAddress. However, wglGetProcAddress now returns a null pointer.

As a workaround, I tried to gain access to wglChoosePixelFormatARB by using the LoadLibrary of opengl32.dll and GetProcAddress. The return value is still a null, and the GetLastError returns ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND.

To double-check the issue, I downloaded a dll export viewer tool from nirsoft.com. I saw that wglChoosePixelFormatARB is not listed in opengl32.dll, whereas the older function, wglChoosePixelFormat, is there. The wglChoosePixelFormat function is a much
    older way to choose the format. What is the logic behind distributing this opengl32 dll?

I read the following answer, but it doesn't seem that another update is available or that the answer will fix my problem:

Problems with opengl32.dll

What do you suggest?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

OM-NC, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Problems with opengl32.dll

Hey. I've recently tried to play games on my PC that give me the following prompt when I try to boot them:

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OPENGL32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status
    0xc0000006"

Can anyone help me with this?

JaredWeeks2000, Apr 13, 2020
  4. dacki0 Win User

opengl32.dll problem

Virtualbox won't start due to unsigned opengl32.dll

Hello,

After updating to Windows 1903 I'm not able to run VMs in Virtualbox because I'm getting hardening errors:

Code:
    00:00:01.218733 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: rc=VERR_LDRVI_NOT_SIGNED fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0 \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll: Not signed.

00:00:01.218888 '\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll' is most likely modified.

00:00:01.219172 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: rejecting 'C:\WINDOWS\system32/opengl32.dll' (C:\WINDOWS\system32/opengl32.dll): rcNt=0xc0000190

00:00:01.219321 OpenGL Error: failed to load dll C:\WINDOWS\system32/opengl32.dll

00:00:01.219328 OpenGL Error: DLL Loader couldn't find/open C:\WINDOWS\system32/opengl32.dll

00:00:01.219336 OpenGL Error: Unable to find system OpenGL!

00:00:01.219344 OpenGL Error: The render SPU was unable to load the native OpenGL library

I verified opengl32.dll not beign signed with sigcheck:

Code:
    Sigcheck v2.72 - File version and signature viewer

Copyright (C) 2004-2019 Mark Russinovich

Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

c:\windows\system32\opengl32.dll:

Verified:       Unsigned

Link date:      03:48 04.02.2035

Publisher:      n/a

Company:        Microsoft Corporation

Description:    OpenGL Client DLL

Product:        Microsoft« Windows« Operating System

Prod version:   10.0.18362.267

File version:   10.0.18362.267 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

MachineType:    64-bit
    Is opengl32.dll supposed to be signed as Virtualbox assumes? Any ideas how I can fix that (besides fresh install)?

I "successfully" ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I also installed the latest GPU and chipset drivers, all windows updates I could as well as reinstalled the latest 3 versions of VirtualBox.

My System:

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903 (Build 18362.295)

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700X

Mainboard: X370

GPU: Geforce GTX 1080Ti

Thank you

dacki0, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

opengl32.dll problem

1. opengl32.dll problem - Similar Threads - opengl32 dll problem

2. Blocked loading of file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OPENGL32.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked loading of file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OPENGL32.dll: So my problem is whenever I try to run some of the games I play, I launch the game, and it starts loading, and as its loading, it disappears from my screen, and a few minutes go by, and then I get:The application was unable to start correctly0xc000009a. Click OK to close the...
  3. Blocked loading of file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OPENGL32.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked loading of file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OPENGL32.dll: So my problem is whenever I try to run some of the games I play, I launch the game, and it starts loading, and as its loading, it disappears from my screen, and a few minutes go by, and then I get:The application was unable to start correctly0xc000009a. Click OK to close the...
  4. Blocked loading of file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OPENGL32.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. error 0xc000009a: blocked loading of file "C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0xc000009a: blocked loading of file "C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll": I've uninstalled and reinstalled Fortnite/epicgames launcher three times and I still have this error. I've tried using commands in the prompt with administrator. I've tried deleting and verifying game files. I think my antivirus could have deleted a .dll, but I'm not sure. I...
  6. error 0xc000009a: blocked loading of file "C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0xc000009a: blocked loading of file "C:\Windows\System32\opengl32.dll": I've uninstalled and reinstalled Fortnite/epicgames launcher three times and I still have this error. I've tried using commands in the prompt with administrator. I've tried deleting and verifying game files. I think my antivirus could have deleted a .dll, but I'm not sure. I...
  7. Problem with MSVCP110.dll & MSVCR110.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with MSVCP110.dll & MSVCR110.dll: Hello, Sorry for my bad english, i'm french I don't know since when, but now I can't read any DVD/Blu-Ray and even movies in .ISO. I'm sure it was working 1 month ago. Usually, I use PowerDVD20 to open such files, but since today, i get an error: [ATTACH] also the same...
  8. Dll files problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dll files problem: I installed windows 10 (x64) on my pc (pentium @ 2.9 GHz, 6gb ddr3 Radeon HD 5450 1gb) from a USB drive I made a while back(I used it a few times with no problem on different pcs). But now, I get errors with dll files when I try to run almost any game. (and my storage is...
  9. Virtualbox won't start due to unsigned opengl32.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtualbox won't start due to unsigned opengl32.dll: Hello, After updating to Windows 1903 I'm not able to run VMs in Virtualbox because I'm getting hardening errors: 00:00:01.218733 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: rc=VERR_LDRVI_NOT_SIGNED fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0...
  10. Problem with a DLL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with a DLL: I did it "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system" and after a day it is came back (the problem) and now i am to do it again and it wont work help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opengl32.dll not designed to run or contains an error