Windows 10: Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...

Discus and support Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Community Support,since the October 2020 feature update, opening a browser app in my case Firefox and Edge, which is pinned on the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vessko, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Vessko Win User

Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...

Hello Community Support,since the October 2020 feature update, opening a browser app in my case Firefox and Edge, which is pinned on the taskbar through the "tasks" menu right click it doesn't focus it. Some more information, my Windows/SSD died and I got my technician to get a brad new SSD and install the newest Windows 10 Pro version, this issue did not appear before the October 2020 feature update. Recently my work PC also had this update and the same issue appears with Chrome and Edge.Steps to reproduce the issue with Edge, though it happens with all browsers:1 pin Edge on the taskb

:)

Vessko, Apr 24, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

Mine works as advertised, FF New Window/incognito opens with focus right to Search. Always has. How do you have this set? This for Fir fox, look at the Chrome equivalent.

Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus... [​IMG]

I just checked Chrome, it words as advertised, also. I do not use it much so am not familiar where the setting may be. But it does focus on search with open new window using the taskbar right-click.

f14tomcat, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...

An App's Taskbar icon loses focus after it is right-clicked followed by selecting the app.

When you right-click on any app's icon on the taskbar and then click on the app's window, the taskbar icon of that app is no longer focused even though the app is already set on focus.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. Open any application.

Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus... bc2c0a67-d30a-48bc-a4a3-c2ebe406dd4c?upload=true.png

2. Right click on that application's icon on the taskbar.

Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus... 2b6ad20b-5dbc-42e4-b576-a6d25fd6963c?upload=true.png

3. Click on that application's window.
    4. Observe its taskbar icon. Its icon on the taskbar is no more highlighted even though the app is already set in focus.

Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus... f8eeefd3-5c06-4fd8-911e-1931fa120157?upload=true.png

Additional Details:

OS Build: 17134.228

Feedback Hub Post Link:
    https://aka.ms/AA28lef

Subhadeep Dey (SD), Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus...

1. Opening a browser app on the taskbar through the "task" submenu right click doesn't focus... - Similar Threads - Opening browser app

2. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  3. Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar.: Currently using this version 2023-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5022360. I have tried most of the troubleshooting steps available online none worked in my case.This could save lot of efforts while running multiple processes. Thanks...
  4. RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR: Right click mouse doesn't work on taskbar. I'm using WIN 10 and my HP ZBOOK is current on all updates.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar/1ffb5587-5880-4ab4-844a-d362b86af763
  5. RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR: Right click mouse doesn't work on taskbar. I'm using WIN 10 and my HP ZBOOK is current on all updates.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar/1ffb5587-5880-4ab4-844a-d362b86af763
  6. Cant right click on taskbar apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant right click on taskbar apps: Hey, out of no where my windows 10 started having some issues, it wont let me right click on taskbar applications, it'll just show the list of recent projects opened for half a second then disappear and when i click the windows search bar it does the same thing. My windows...
  7. Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar: Hi, I recently realized a small problem that is getting to me: every time I open a new tab in a browser, be it Edge or Firefox, I'm used to click to open it and start typing what I want to search, but it is not working like this anymore, when I open the new tab, it won't come...
  8. Shift Right click without focusing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shift Right click without focusing: I occasionally have a game open off screen. Usually I resolve this by Shift right clicking the window in the task bar to open the context menu with the move option. The problem is shift right clicking in Windows 10 also gives focus to the window. In Windows 7 it doesn't...
  9. Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open setting up through right clicking on taskbar: While setting up window can still be opened from the start menu, these setting up options that show up after right click on task bar including language bar setup, task bar setup and internet setup have somehow stopped working. Any solution?...
  10. Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.: Including any of the folders within the pinned sub-menu when right-click-accessing File Explorer. Left mouse click still works. Tried unpinning/pinning. Tried restarting Windows Explorer in Task Manager. Tried Running explorer.exe, and sfc scan shows no integrity...