Windows 10: Opening A .dll file ?

Discus and support Opening A .dll file ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a file that the installation process for a new program says to open and verify if some box is checked. Whenever i click on it, i get:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Robert11 Win User

Opening A .dll file ?

Hello,

I have a file that the installation process for a new program says to open and verify if some
    box is checked.

Whenever i click on it, i get:

"You are attempting to open a file of type "System File (.dll)" etc.

There is a greyed out box at the bottom that says "OK", but it is greyed out.

How can i open it, to verify that the box is checked.
    Tried most everything i could think of.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Missing .dll file .

Hi,

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps resolve the issue.

• Uninstall all those apps (using revo uninstaller) which are giving you msvcr100.dll and msvcp100.dll files missing error
    • Open the link below
    Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

And download and install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.

3. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 64bit.

4. Download VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe if you’ll be installing this on Windows 10 32bit.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Opening A .dll file ?

.dll Files open Windows Photo Viewer - Can I change this?

Hi Wyatt,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the pictures on your computer?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Does this issue persists only with the .dll files?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Check if the .dll files are set as default under Default programs.

• Press Windows key, type default programs
      and select Default Programs.
    • Click on Set your default programs.
    • Under Programs in the left pane, click on the program you wish to access photos with and click on
      Choose defaults for this program.
    • Under Extensions check if .dll
      is check marked or not. If not, check the box for .dll files.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing photos on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Opening A .dll file ?

1. Opening A .dll file ? - Similar Threads - Opening dll file

2. .dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .dll files: pnrpnsp file is either not designed or not working on some websites and when i run the scans the system cannot fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-files/e675a38d-b17b-4629-b3f0-84fdd11e1948
  3. .dll files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .dll files: pnrpnsp file is either not designed or not working on some websites and when i run the scans the system cannot fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-files/e675a38d-b17b-4629-b3f0-84fdd11e1948
  4. .dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Could not open exe and DLL files

Could not open exe and DLL files: Hi everyone Someone gave me bunch of exe and DLL file and unfortunately my system is not able to open them.I've tried to solve it but still is showing me two different errors for different files.These are the errors:1.Class not registered.You need the following file to be...
  6. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not open exe and DLL files: Hi everyone Someone gave me bunch of exe and DLL file and unfortunately my system is not able to open them.I've tried to solve it but still is showing me two different errors for different files.These are the errors:1.Class not registered.You need the following file to be...
  7. Could not open exe and DLL files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DLL File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DLL File: Please Help me with this issue. I'm unable to use the internet but when I ping from cmd I can get access to the internet but when I browse internet is not accessable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-file/fc38dc01-ca1e-4cde-806a-d40d090ab354
  9. Attempting to open a file of type 'system file' (.dll)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempting to open a file of type 'system file' (.dll): A couple weeks ago, my computer crashed while running MS Excel. After rebooting, I wasn't able to save the recovered files. A window would pop up saying it's trying to connect with "C:\Users\satchitbanada" but, for some reason it wasn't connecting. When I opened file...
  10. dll files

dll files: when i try to load a game it says that im missing 2 dll files. One is labeled vcruntime140.dll and the other is labeled msvcp140.dll How do i fix this to where it doesnt say that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 you are attempting to open dll