Windows 10: Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one

Discus and support Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Clicking on Start and then on the Windows Document square, I get two blank documents instead of one. It just recently began to do this. I might have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Writer, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Writer Win User

Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one

Clicking on Start and then on the Windows Document square, I get two blank documents instead of one. It just recently began to do this. I might have inadvertently caused this.

What can I do so that I just get one black document?

:)

Writer, Dec 25, 2019

2. Opening a "new" document type

I right click to open a new document...

it used to list wordpad (extension .rtf)

it doesn't list it anymore...

just text document (extension .txt)

how do i get the option for a wordpad document type back again

RobertSnowman, Dec 25, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

That was going to be my first suggestion. *Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Dec 25, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

my document that i save us coming up blank

Hi Jude,

If a saved document is coming up blank when opening it, it could be that the document is corrupted when it was saved, or that the document was not properly saved, etc. For us to isolate the issue about a document that opens up blank, kindly respond to the
    question below:

• What application are you using to open or save the document?
    • Is the issue specific to one document or with every document that you open?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Opening a new Document, I get two Blank Documents instead of one - Similar Threads - Opening Document Blank

2. Search Bar - Opening folders where document is located instead of just the document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar - Opening folders where document is located instead of just the document: Two days ago before I upgraded to Windows 11, when I did a search in the search bar at the bottom left hand of my screen, I could right click on any of the documents and then open the folder that the document was located in. How do I get this ability back in Windows 11? This...
  3. All notepad documents open as blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All notepad documents open as blank: If I try to open any saved note, written with Notepad, windows simply opens a new blank Notepad file instead. I have to drag and drop my saved note to the Notepad app to actually open and edit it. Already tried DISM -RestoreHealth, with no file corruptions found...
  4. One Drive Documents Not Opening

One Drive Documents Not Opening: In One Drive, most of my documents in a folder that is compsoed of many other folders and documents are not opening. Those that have a green check mark next to them open fine. Most of the documents, howver, have a blue cloud next yo them and when you try to open them you get...
  5. Listing document folders instead of "documents" when I want to open a word doc.

Listing document folders instead of "documents" when I want to open a word doc.: I have Windows 10. When I want to open a document in word, I click "Open" and options come up - I use "Browse" The list that comes up under "This PC" has a label "documents" but I want the list togo straight to the names of the different folders. This was the way I had it...
  6. Blank Wordpad document

Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  7. Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Choosing blank Word document opens two Word sessions: I'm using Office Pro 2019 Retail build 2002 (12527.20278). When one Word session is already open (be it a blank or saved document) and I choose to open another new blank Word session by clicking on the Office Word app (in Start menu) and then choosing "Blank document", it...
  8. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document: Hi there, How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there. Thanks, Jeff Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657] [img] 150470
  9. Two Documents folders when there should be one

Two Documents folders when there should be one: This PC > Documents and (C:)>Users > userName > Documents are not the same folders anymore. When I try to change the location of This PC > Documents back to default I get access denied. [ATTACH]...
  10. Saved Notepad document opening blank

Saved Notepad document opening blank: My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment, and we won’t have internet until tomorrow. My boyfriend writes scripts for videos he makes using online programs generally, but as we’re without internet for the time being, he’s been using Notepad instead. In the past two...