Windows 10: Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail

Discus and support Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to open a new folder in the Local Folders column, but instead of getting its own space, it became a sub-folder under a totally unrelated one.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by prairielily, May 15, 2020.

1. Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail

I tried to open a new folder in the Local Folders column, but instead of getting its own space, it became a sub-folder under a totally unrelated one. How can I file it under its own name?

:)

prairielily, May 15, 2020
  2. rabideau Win User

Favorites/Folders column viewing

I am trying to have my Favorites/Folders column to be already open and viewable when I open my Outlook inbox mail.

The above column also shows all the folders I have composed, etc.

I would like it to stay open all the time. Right now my inbox mail list takes up the whole window and I have to click the 3 lines near the top of the window, to the left of NEW MESSAGE each time I want to see Favorites, Folders, Sent Mail, etc.

Thank You,

Roger Scharf

rabideau, May 15, 2020
  3. Mail folders on local drive

Hi,

By default, your Windows Live email is stored in the %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail location.

STEP 1: Start Windows Live Mail.

STEP 2: Click on the program’s menu located at the upper-left hand corner.

STEP 3: Click Options, then click Mail.

STEP 4: When the Options window appears, click the Advanced tab, then under Maintenance and Troubleshooting, click the Maintenance button.

Windows Live Mail advance options

STEP 5: Click the Store Folder button, which will open a small dialog box that shows the path of the current mail store folder.

STEP 6: Click the Change button to select a new location for the mail store.

Windows Live Mail set store location

STEP 7: When the Browse for Folder screen opens, browse to an existing location where you wish to move your mail to or create a new folder.

STEP 8: Once done, click the OK button.

NOTE: The Store Location dialog box will appear showing you the new path you have selected.

STEP 9: Click OK to have Windows Live Mail use this new folder path.

NOTE: You will now be prompted to restart Windows Live Mail in order for the changes to take effect.

Windows Live Mail change store location

STEP 10: Close Windows Live Mail to start copying all your existing mail and mail folders to the new location.

Windows Live Mail copying folders to new location

STEP 11: Once the copying process is complete, start Windows Live Mail again.

NOTE: Unfortunately, since Windows Live Mail only copied your mails, you will need to delete your old Windows Live Mail folder.

STEP 12: To free up the space on your C: drive, close Windows Live Mail and browse to the old Windows Live Mail folder which is located under the following folder:

Windows 8, Windows7, Windows Vista: C:\Users\<login name>AppData\Local\Microsoft\

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<login name>\Application Data\Microsoft\

NOTE: When you open that folder, you will see a subfolder named Windows Live Mail, which is your old mail storage.

STEP 13: Rename it to Windows Live Mail.old and start Windows Live Mail again.

NOTE: If you can still access your email, then you’ll know that the program is now using the new folder and you can now safely delete the old one.

STEP 14: Close Windows Live Mail again, then delete the Windows Live Mail.old folder.

STEP 15: Once the folder is completely deleted, proceed in emptying your Recycle Bin

Please also check the source

https://www.supportrix.com/kb/how-to-change-ema...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, May 15, 2020
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail

1. Opening a new folder in the Local Folders column in Windows Mail - Similar Threads - Opening folder Local

2. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  3. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.: I cant get the amount of folders in folder column to work?I have many folders with and without folders/files in it. I would like to have an overview of this before opening folders.Have do i fix this?...
  4. Windows folder, column with amount of files and folders in a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Columns in folder in Windows 11

Columns in folder in Windows 11: I'm trying to change the columns in my folders in Explorer. In Windows 10 there was a "choose options" mini-window. I found its equivalent in Windows 11, but the changes I make won't stay. Every time I close the folder, it reverts back to what I don't want. How do I fix it so...
  6. Number of Folder columns

Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  7. Number of Folder columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Folder columns: I had something very different happen, and I don’t know how, on my Microsoft Windows 10 desktop. But one result is that on displaying a folder, it shows all contents in one column instead of the multiple columns, as before. I have tried the various options under “Home”,...
  8. Number of Folder columns

9. Add column to folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add column to folder: Is it possible to add a column to a folder, that can be typed in, like when using a table? Thank you 159861
  10. Windows Folder default Columns

Windows Folder default Columns: When I create a new folder in Windows 10, the default columns are Name / Date Modified / Type / Size . Is there away to change the default columns ? I would like to have other columns automatically instead of having to add them manually. Thanks, Robert...