Windows 10: Opening a New Folder takes too long

Discus and support Opening a New Folder takes too long in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RayDaws, Mar 21, 2019.

1. RayDaws Win User

Opening a New Folder takes too long

Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop

:)

RayDaws, Mar 21, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Opening a New Folder takes too long

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Opening a New Folder takes too long

1. Opening a New Folder takes too long - Similar Threads - Opening Folder takes

2. Takes too long to move a folder out of another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Takes too long to move a folder out of another folder: What happened is, I have a 55GB big folder "CityU" and one day when I wanted to click on the folder, my finger slipped and the folder was dragged into another folder"Attachment", the whole process takes less than 1 second, and it is permanent, I wanted to move the folder back...
  3. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  4. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe files take too long to open: Hello, everybodyI'm using Windows 10, I have recently been facing a problem that every single exe file takes forever to open.At the beginning I though the issue was with only one file " a program I use for my work it always takes time to open", but recently, I've noticed that...
  5. Exe files take too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Folders taking a long a time to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders taking a long a time to open: Out of nowhere, any folder that i try to open, wheter in the SSD or external HDD, take about 30 seconds - 1min to open. It does eventually open but it's so slow. I tried restarting the computer and deleting the thumbnail cache and MORE IMPORTANT tried to navigate through...
  7. "Audio" taking too long to open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Audio" taking too long to open: [ATTACH] Every time I need to open this, it takes too long to open and I don't have idea of how I can solve this. Do you guys know anything about this? https://preview.redd.it/hj5di3k4gid61.png?width=1307&format=png&auto=webp&s=19fdbfe216eb8604aeeed9a74d543bf91bde758a...
  8. Download folder takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder takes too long to load: Hi, I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I mean the folder in which the files downloaded from the internet are stored. I have also noticed that when I download some...
  9. sign in screen taking too long to open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in screen taking too long to open: HELLO SIR my sign in screen taking too long to appear for password page after latest windows 10 update. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-screen-taking-too-long-to-open/efb1bfc4-88ce-4640-8d13-426ad5186578
  10. Screen shot takes too long to open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shot takes too long to open: I had contacted your support through chat,and the agent Wasim,was trying to figure out the problems,when he put my laptop on re-start mode,and we lost each other mid way.Neither was any attempt made from him to either call or email me.Now, this is a new laptop,and am very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new folder takes too long