Windows 10: Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option

Discus and support Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I save my emails to C: drive so I can refer to the email later without having to search for it in my mail software. If I then want to print the email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark.Brown, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option

I save my emails to C: drive so I can refer to the email later without having to search for it in my mail software.

If I then want to print the email I go to the folder I saved it to and choose to open it in Windows Mail. When I do that, I can read the email but there are no toolbar buttons or options to print.

Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option 4145bd45-3447-4a1d-b051-0682c60861ac?upload=true.png

Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option f3c47d96-be32-45e2-a791-afdbe5387f85?upload=true.png

Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option cff3e3fc-fab9-4424-b77b-3bf8293b01bf?upload=true.png

As you can see there are no buttons, no menus and no way of printing. Right clicking does nothing.

It would be really useful to be able to print when opening the email.

:)

Mark.Brown, Jun 15, 2019
  2. rdhulse Win User

Saved Emails will not print in Windows 10.

I have several emails saved in folders on my desktop. I've noticed that once the email is saved from the Windows 10 Mail App to the desktop folder it will no longer print. The Windows 10 Mail app will open the email for viewing, but not print it. There is
    no print option and using Control-P does not work either. How do I print emails saved to folders on my desktop?

Thank you,

R. Hulse

rdhulse, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option

Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option

1. Opening a Saved Email File in Windows Mail Doesn't Provide Print Option - Similar Threads - Opening Saved Email

2. How to open saved / downloaded emails in new Outlook. Worked fine in Mail, but doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open saved / downloaded emails in new Outlook. Worked fine in Mail, but doesn't work...: I have been forced to change from Mail to Outlook. I previously would download and save emails on my laptop as in save them as files on windows explorer.Now I have the new Outlook, when i try to open the saved / downloaded emails on my windows explorer, Outlook opens, but it...
  3. How to open saved / downloaded emails in new Outlook. Worked fine in Mail, but doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to open saved / downloaded emails in new Outlook. Worked fine in Mail, but doesn't work...: I have been forced to change from Mail to Outlook. I previously would download and save emails on my laptop as in save them as files on windows explorer.Now I have the new Outlook, when i try to open the saved / downloaded emails on my windows explorer, Outlook opens, but it...
  4. Can't open or print saved documents or files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open or print saved documents or files: Ever since the recent Windows 10 Update, I can no longer open or print any documents or files at all. If I try to open or print it says I don't have an app to perform this . . ? I am at a loss. I have never not been able to open a document....
  5. Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves

Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves: As the subject. I try to open an attachment (pdf) in Windows Mail but right clicking gives me the option to save or open and it will only save, left clicking simply saves it ... I get no way to open the attachment. I've found the same question asked before on this frum and...
  6. When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When Printing the printer opens a "Save Print Output As" file?: What's going on with trying to print, From the printer dialog box, it opens a file to save as? What happens to just printing out a copy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-the-printer-opens-a-save-print/a298ecc6-1827-405f-8a37-fdb6d05d0a55
  7. email print options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email print options: How do you set up the Email print options to show the attachments included in SENT emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-print-options/1d557775-302c-4be0-a600-be604b35d79a
  8. Printing emails off windows mail

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing emails off windows mail: This is the second time this has happened to me since the 1903 update. I can't print off any of emails that i receive in Windows Mail, no matter which printer i choose. Forward the emails so i can read them in Outlook or Virgin Media Mail and there is no problem. I have tried...
  9. How to print a saved email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to print a saved email: Can any one advise how to print a saved email that has been saved to a file please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-print-a-saved-email/efa16fed-c461-4f03-b770-8bf72a6e040a"
  10. Mail app doesn't print

Mail app doesn't print: The dialogue comes up and can change options etc, but once I click print it goes away and nothing happens. Printing from Edge works fine. Not that I really expect an actual answer to this because apparently this has been going on for literally years with nothing but the usual...