Windows 10: Opening a set of folders to tile on screen

Discus and support Opening a set of folders to tile on screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to set up a short cut to open 4 specific folders with each one occupying a quarter of the screen? I am on Windows 10 with a dual monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mcdubbx, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Opening a set of folders to tile on screen

Is there a way to set up a short cut to open 4 specific folders with each one occupying a quarter of the screen? I am on Windows 10 with a dual monitor set up, if that is relevant. TYIA

submitted by /u/mcdubbx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mcdubbx, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Berton Win User

Start Tile Problem

That's a new feature and allows one to drag Tiles into another Tile, simulates a Folder. Those little Tiles can be dragged back to the list. Or just click that Tile and should open the list of what is in it. It's an easy way to keep seldom used Tiles available but not taking up screen room.

Berton, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Not all Hotmail Folders are Updated

MichaelSingapore, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Neilg Win User

Opening a set of folders to tile on screen

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Opening a set of folders to tile on screen

1. Opening a set of folders to tile on screen - Similar Threads - Opening set folders

2. Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11: Does anyone know how to set the default folder view for all folders on windows 11 to Tiles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-folder-view-to-tiles-in-windows-11/a9638b5b-77df-427e-ba62-4b549437c947
  3. Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11: Does anyone know how to set the default folder view for all folders on windows 11 to Tiles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-folder-view-to-tiles-in-windows-11/a9638b5b-77df-427e-ba62-4b549437c947
  4. The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.: Hi, this error shows up when I click on shared Calendar within the company, i have almost 8 shared calendars but only a few shared from one person having issues when clicking on them the same person's some shared calendars works fine.whenever i click on the check box to...
  5. The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.

The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.: Hi, this error shows up when I click on shared Calendar within the company, i have almost 8 shared calendars but only a few shared from one person having issues when clicking on them the same person's some shared calendars works fine.whenever i click on the check box to...
  6. Settings Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Tile: My settings tile doesn't open settings when I click on it: it flashes on the monitor display for a moment and then disappears, leaving me with no way to open settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-tile/c477947c-7198-4fc0-875b-c33849d866b8
  7. Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened: Recently I've noticed that when I open a a program from the icon on the taskbar, a new icon appears on the taskbar with a blue line underneath. I get that that is showing me an open application but I'm pretty sure that it used to just put the blue line under the first icon....
  8. Live tile not opening

Live tile not opening: Having trouble with Live Tiles. I'm trying to open up Live News and weather tiles. I am able to open the start menu and see that they are updating with appropriate weather and top stories. When I try to open up the tile however, I am greeted by "An error occurred. Try...
  9. Tiling the Explorer folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiling the Explorer folders?: In XP I could tile or cascade all open Explorer folders by right-clicking the taskbar icon. Is this no longer possible? [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 64630
  10. Windows 10 Drive & Folder Acess - Tile View Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Drive & Folder Acess - Tile View Settings: Is it just me or am I missing something with the latest Windows 10? I have just performed a clean install with Windows 10 (yesterday) X64 and i have found that accessing my secondary drives and its subsequent folders incredibly slow. The ISO file was downloaded directly from...