Windows 10: Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences

Discus and support Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is there a command in the form of: explorer.exe shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A} that wil alow me to open or link directly to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hrvoje Krhač, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences

is there a command in the form of:

explorer.exe shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A}

that wil alow me to open or link directly to a specific printers "preferences", in this case its named HP.

as seen in this image.

Opening a specific printers  Printer Properties / preferences dc5aeb4f-c0a1-4219-a4cd-0ebed9385153?upload=true.jpg

:)

Hrvoje Krhač, Feb 7, 2020

2. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences

Looking for a new Printer

Well, after a recipe cook, and start of another one, my Epson Workforce 500 died.. *Cry :cry: Served me good for 2 years.

So, now looking for a new printer to buy come next pay

• Price: Under $200
    • Preference: All-in-One since I work from home when I'm off the clock. (has to have a fax)
      Scanner/copier/fax
    • Color Printer
    • Networking of any kind. Printer is close to router
    No brand is a preference. I do have a Corporate discount with both HP and CDW.

Thanks

Cold Storm, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences

1. Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences - Similar Threads - Opening specific printers

2. Printer properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer properties: I cannot find the "manage" tab in printer properties so cannot define the printer and scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-properties/0b49e266-e6e2-446e-85db-d51e44e3073f
  3. Printer properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer properties: I cannot find the "manage" tab in printer properties so cannot define the printer and scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-properties/0b49e266-e6e2-446e-85db-d51e44e3073f
  4. Printer Preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Preferences: Is there a way to tell windows 10 to allow each app its own printer preferences. If I set a specific preference in devices and printer it applies to all apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/1367993b-cb6b-4cdd-a928-429333b2edd2
  5. Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.

Printer preferences and properties are not available in control panel or settings.: I am having an issue with a Network Printer. At this time this is only happening for one user on multiple computers. This printer is deployed by GPO. If the user tries to change the preferences in control panel/device and printers, there is no "printer properties" or...
  6. Printer preferences lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer preferences lost: I have a HP ENVY 5540 printer which works perfectly I have tested it by printing from my phone but I have lost a number of printer preference options when trying to print from my laptop, namely: colour printing and photo quality print although I can select 'best'. So when...
  7. Printer Preferences

Printer Preferences: Received CD from UK and changed "Printer Preferences" to "Shrink to fit". Printed Fine. Tried to go back in to change "Printer Preferences" and upon selecting printer to "Manage" received pop-up window with following: White X in small red circle followed by...
  8. printer preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer preferences: I want to cease using the duplex printing (default setting) to print on 1 page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/c75e4fb4-f754-47ca-b4ac-f13d921a0a60
  9. Printer preferences

Printer preferences: I have a HP Photosmart printer, which I cannot print on. when I choose the 'Printing Preferences', it's all blank, there's nothing in the boxes at the top (settings/advanced/security etc) & on the right side of the page there are just symbols. I've uninstalled & reinstalled...
  10. Printer not using preferences

Printer not using preferences: Here's a weird one. 2 systems, one a homebuilt Intel-based tower and the other an AMD based laptop, both: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit system with all updates. Canon MF227DW Laser printer with the current drivers Windows has all current drivers for the printer. Uninstalled,...