Windows 10: Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems

Discus and support Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to open a ticket with Microsoft but on the support page it is telling me I have a Azure Active Directory account but I need a Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ron Williams MCR2, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems

I am trying to open a ticket with Microsoft but on the support page it is telling me I have a Azure Active Directory account but I need a Microsoft Account. I don't understand that at all. Why make it so difficult to receive assistance? How does that even work? Excuse the selections for Product, Versions and Topic, nothing fits my request.We recently upgraded our domain controllers to Windows Server 2022. Since then we are having issues with group policy being pushed to our devices. Whether it be a default browser, printers or copiers it does not pick up on most devices. What is really strang

:)

Ron Williams MCR2, Oct 1, 2022
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 1, 2022
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems

1. Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems - Similar Threads - Opening ticket assistance

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy article problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy article problem: https://winaero.com/change-windows-defender-scheduled-scan-type/#:~:text=tweak%20see%20below.-,Change%20Windows%20Defender%20Max%20CPU%20Usage%20For%20Scan%20with%20Group%20Policy,-PressCan someone goes into this article and tells me whether this title of the article is...
  4. group policy article problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy article problem: https://winaero.com/change-windows-defender-scheduled-scan-type/#:~:text=tweak%20see%20below.-,Change%20Windows%20Defender%20Max%20CPU%20Usage%20For%20Scan%20with%20Group%20Policy,-PressCan someone goes into this article and tells me whether this title of the article is...
  5. group policy article problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems: I am trying to open a ticket with Microsoft but on the support page it is telling me I have a Azure Active Directory account but I need a Microsoft Account. I don't understand that at all. Why make it so difficult to receive assistance? How does that even work? Excuse the...
  7. Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening a ticket for assistance with Group Policy problems: I am trying to open a ticket with Microsoft but on the support page it is telling me I have a Azure Active Directory account but I need a Microsoft Account. I don't understand that at all. Why make it so difficult to receive assistance? How does that even work? Excuse the...
  8. Problem in editing Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem in editing Group Policy: Hello! For a little while now my computer has showed an error on the top of some of Windows Settings screens that say "Some settings are managed by your organization." I've seen another post on this forum that says to update the Group Policy of "Allow Telemetry" to 3 - Full...
  9. Group Policy problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Group Policy problem: I was going along just fine. Have Build 17746. Now all of a sudden it says on insider page Your organization manages insider preview builds through a telemetry group policy setting. Then has a fix me button that is grayed . I remember having this problem before but lost the...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965