Windows 10: Opening a wbf file

Discus and support Opening a wbf file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I try to open a wbf file, I get the following message: This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WandaD23, Feb 13, 2020.

1. WandaD23 Win User

Opening a wbf file

When I try to open a wbf file, I get the following message:

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting page.

I have searched for apps but get confused with all the options available. Is there an app someone can recommend?

Sorry if I posted this to a wrong category but I was not sure where it should go....

:)

WandaD23, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Feb 13, 2020
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Opening a wbf file :)

jaydeee, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Opening a wbf file

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Opening a wbf file

1. Opening a wbf file - Similar Threads - Opening wbf file

2. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31: Hi @all!Today, I got a driver update for my BENSS fingerprint sensor Amazon Link via Windows updates. It updated from:ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10102 [02/04/2020] to ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10501 [07/01/2022].The new driver exits...
  3. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31: Hi @all!Today, I got a driver update for my BENSS fingerprint sensor Amazon Link via Windows updates. It updated from:ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10102 [02/04/2020] to ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10501 [07/01/2022].The new driver exits...
  4. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Files not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not opening: HI, I have tried unsuccessfully to get this issue sorted out, but it seems to hard for everyone. I previously had the full Office installed on my computer, but bought a new one and was sole Office Home and Student 2019, which installed all ok. However it did not have...
  6. elan wbf fingerprint sensor error code 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    elan wbf fingerprint sensor error code 10: ASUS Vivobook X542UF Mobo Device: ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor ID: ACPI\ELAN7001\4&2295795A&0 Location: Intel(R) Serial IO SPI Host Controller - 9D29 ISSUE: ``` This device cannot be started. (Code 10) {Operation failed} The requested operation has failed. ``` Seems to...
  7. Opening files

Opening files: Hi, When trying to open a normal file, e.g., Word, or Excel, it appears in the Taskbar, but will not open to the main screen. It cannot be cancelled from the taskbar either. Could someone help please?...
  8. FINGERPRINT SENSOR ELAN WBF NOT WORKING ON Windows 10 -

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    FINGERPRINT SENSOR ELAN WBF NOT WORKING ON Windows 10 -: Hello, After an update, the Windows Hello Fingerprint option is no longer available / doesnt work. Here the info about my pc: MODEL: HP 15-dw0014nl Windows Version: 1909 Build 18363.592 I went to device manager and saw that there is a problem in the driver ELAN WBF...
  9. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop cannot start: hi, ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor on ASUS Laptop is not working, version: 4.5.1001.10704 This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. I think this happened since this update windows, but I don't know which one,...
  10. OPENING A FILE

OPENING A FILE: I can no longer open a file by double clicking it, the only way I can open files is by right clicking and opening from the context menu. The settings for my mouse are correct. This problem only occurred after an update with my computer. Would anyone know how to correct...