Windows 10: Opening a website directly in a new tab

Discus and support Opening a website directly in a new tab in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi When I open a new tab in Microsoft Edge 87.0.x for Windows 10 20H2, how do I open a website directly? Thanks Bye 171423 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by balubeto, Dec 30, 2020.

1. balubeto Win User

Opening a website directly in a new tab

Hi

When I open a new tab in Microsoft Edge 87.0.x for Windows 10 20H2, how do I open a website directly?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Dec 30, 2020

2. "Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "Whenever I click open link in new tab", are you referring of opening link in the new tab or clicking on link in a particular page to open in new tab?
    • When you say that "the link opens in a new tab but also in the page I'm on", is the link opens in the new tab near to the open websites?

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 30, 2020
  3. How to go directly to documents list when opening a file, skipping the File tab

How to go directly to documents list when opening a file, skipping the File tab

RandyMartinZE, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Open Favorite In New Tab?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To open Favorites websites in a new tab you may try the following steps:

1. Right-click on the favorite website link
    in Favorites window and select Open in New Tab.

2. Press Ctrl key on the keyboard and click one by one
    on the favorite website links that you want to
    open.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Opening a website directly in a new tab - Similar Threads - Opening website directly

2. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  3. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  4. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Cortana
  5. Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Opens a new tab links to suspicious website, is this a virus?: Hello, chrome keeps randomly opening new tabs to the link: s1.toupdate15.com, I figured it is some kind of a virus or a software that I have to uninstall off my conputer but I don’t know how to locate it and permanently delete it. [Original Title: Virus??]...
  6. New tabs open automaticly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New tabs open automaticly: This started a few days ago. Is it just me or does new tabs open almost whenever you do something, as long as it's been a while since you do anything on it. Sometimes it's just google.com others its someone that mcafee blocks. Or is it just that i have a bug now? submitted...
  7. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  8. When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another

in Browsers and Email
    When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another: This started around Christmas. It opens to a site to get my credit report or to buy something. I don't trust them and want to stop it if I can. Thank you in advance.I'm using Google 126799
  9. When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another

in Windows 10 Support
    When I hit enter while on a website, it opens a new tab to another: This started around Christmas. It opens to a site to get my credit report or to buy something. I don't trust them and want to stop it if I can. Thank you in advance. 126799
  10. Open in New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Open in New Tab: I have been using Chrome for a long time but I thought I would give Edge a try. In Chrome I am used to right-click a site and select "Open in New Tab". Is this possible in Edge? If yes, how? A right-click on a favorite does not offer me a menu in Edge as in Chrome. Thanks in...