Windows 10: Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder

Discus and support Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for a few days now. When I open up an image the photo app will flip through all the images i have in the folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Laughtrack, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder

I have been having this problem for a few days now. When I open up an image the photo app will flip through all the images i have in the folder and then stop on the last one. I have restored to a previous state which fixed it for a day but the next day the issue was back. I have unpluged my mouse and keyboard to see if that was the issue but the problem still occured. I ran /sfc scannow off my cmd which detected no issues, and I have done 3 virus scans.

Someone please help me.

:)

Laughtrack, Oct 2, 2018

2. Opening Multiple Images in Multiple Folders with Windows Photo viewer (Like in Window 7, 8)

Hi Asad,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• What do you refer to when you say “by putting * sign in search criteria”?

• Which is the image file type you are trying to open?
    Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the image location (from location where you are trying to open image file).

• Right click on image, click on Open with and select
      choose another app.

• Check the box Always use this app to open .jpg files. (The file type of image will vary according to your preference of the selected image)

• Click on Windows photo viewer and click on OK.

• Now, try to select the multiple images from the folder and press
      Enter key on the keyboard. (Select the .jpg file type of images.)

• It will open the images through Windows photo viewer and you can click on Play slideshow button in Windows photo viewer.
    Note: For opening the other type of image files, follow the steps from 1-4 and check if it works.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 2, 2018
  3. H3K
    h3k Win User
    How to open multiple images in same instance of Photo Viewer?

Wow, thanks a lot for replying so quickly! In other forums I sometimes have to wait for days for a reply Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder :)

I also have Builld 10240 and Windows Photo Viewer is already set as my default program for all picture formats.
    Stepping through all images in a folder works for me but sometimes I only want to select just a few images in a folder (by clicking on each image while holding down CTRL) and step through this selection in Windows Photo Viewer. When I select 5 images in a folder that contains 100 images and I hit enter, 5 instances of Windows Photo Viewer open up.
    Edwin, did I get this right that on your PC this operation only opens one instance of Photo Viewer?

PS: Since English isn't my mother tongue, maybe sometimes my explanations aren't that easy to follow. Please bear with me *Redface

4. Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder

UNABLE TO OPEN IMAGES AND VIDEOS

Hi,

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps listed in the article given by
    Robert Caw? It was posted above.

As a workaround, you may try these steps:

• Right-click the photo or video.
    • You'll see a pop-up box, choose Open With.
    • Then choose Paint or Photos to open an image.

(There are also options to open videos when you click Open With.)

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder

1. Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder - Similar Threads - Opening image Photos

2. Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder: After updating to Windows 11, I'm having a lot of problems with the Photos App. If I upload a new folder full of images, it will only open the one that I click. On some of the other folders in pictures which have been there for a while, it will allow me to slide through and...
  3. Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder: After updating to Windows 11, I'm having a lot of problems with the Photos App. If I upload a new folder full of images, it will only open the one that I click. On some of the other folders in pictures which have been there for a while, it will allow me to slide through and...
  4. Opening some images/photos causes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening some images/photos causes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error BSOD: Anyone else having this problem? This issue doesn't happen often. Usually only with very high res images greater than 4K. Sometimes it will open and as I keep pressing the arrow keys to view next image, it will lag the loading of the image and sometimes it will cause the...
  5. Opening some images/photos causes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening some images/photos causes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error BSOD: Anyone else having this problem? This issue doesn't happen often. Usually only with very high res images greater than 4K. Sometimes it will open and as I keep pressing the arrow keys to view next image, it will lag the loading of the image and sometimes it will cause the...
  6. Opening some images/photos causes MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error BSOD

7. Vertically flipped camera image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vertically flipped camera image: About a week ago, possibly after my daily 2-3X ritual of updating, I discovered that my image is upside down when I logged onto a Zoom meeting. I have deleted and replaced the driver 3X, have tried to decipher instructions involving HKey unsuccessfully. I need to fix this...
  8. Windows camera flips the image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows camera flips the image: I have windows 10 and my windows camera app automatically flips my image and video horizontally. The preview is normal but it saves the image after flipping it. Similarly on zoom calls, when I see myself it is fine but others are seeing me flipped horizontally as if I am left...
  9. Can't Open this image or photos

Can't Open this image or photos: Now I can't open photos or pictures anymore. This happened today. Strangely, this image can be opened yesterday. One way to open it is to use a third party application to open it. I opened it and appeared "Windows can't find 'D: //filename.png' Make sure you typed the name...
  10. Replace all images in a folder?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Replace all images in a folder?: Hi, I have a question, i have a folder with about 400 images and i want all images to be the same file and keep the names. Is that possible somehow? LG Tobi Alle bilder in einem ordner ersetzen?