Windows 10: Opening any application that needs GPU crashes. (Windows 10)

Discus and support Opening any application that needs GPU crashes. (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, So I have an Asus GL753 laptop, with a GTX 1050. Whenever I try to open a game or application that uses the NVIDIA GPU, it crashes or goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonAxtmann, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Opening any application that needs GPU crashes. (Windows 10)

Hi,

So I have an Asus GL753 laptop, with a GTX 1050.

Whenever I try to open a game or application that uses the NVIDIA GPU, it crashes or goes un-responsive. I've seen that other people are having issues with this, but have not found any other solutions. I've tried reverting to older drivers for the GPU and that does not work. I've also tried adjusting the settings in the NVIDIA control panel, and that does not work either.

If anyone knows a solution, I would appreciate it.

If anyone needs anymore info, just let me know.

Thanks

:)

BrandonAxtmann, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2018
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Oct 2, 2018
  4. robotzko Win User

Opening any application that needs GPU crashes. (Windows 10)

Windows 10 PC Crash when starting Steam and open GPU-Z

hello guys i actually have the problem when GPU-Z is open and i start steam my hole pc freeze and i need to hold power to restart him..

when i close GPU-Z and open steam everything works perfect even opening GPU-Z after steam is open..

i didn´t had the problem before updating to Windows 10 build 14393.351 but with this build there also came 2 other updates

my pc is an i7 6700k with a GTX1070 Asus Strix and 32 GB Ram

my Nvidia driver is 373.06 but also tested it with 375.63 same shit happens

starting origin and uplay works perfect with gpu-z open pc only crash when opening steam

robotzko, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Opening any application that needs GPU crashes. (Windows 10)

1. Opening any application that needs GPU crashes. (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Opening application needs

2. Application Crash/Help needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Crash/Help needed: Hello I keep crashing on an application/game I play every 45min-1 hours with this offset Fault offset: 0x00000000004d4ff7 does anyone know how to fix this issue or what exactly is causing this specific error to pop up happen with every game i try to play I currently am using...
  3. Application Crash/Help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Crash/Help needed: Hello I keep crashing on an application/game I play every 45min-1 hours with this offset Fault offset: 0x00000000004d4ff7 does anyone know how to fix this issue or what exactly is causing this specific error to pop up happen with every game i try to play I currently am using...
  4. GPU usage 100% in any game or application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU usage 100% in any game or application: Six months after the purchase laptop showed itself perfectly, but a week ago problem with the discrete began. By launching any game or application, the GPU loads under 100%. Here, I launch GTA San Andreas 2005 and after 5 minutes the discrete jumps under 100%. Moreover, it's...
  5. GPU usage 100% in any game or application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU usage 100% in any game or application: Six months after the purchase laptop showed itself perfectly, but a week ago problem with the discrete began. By launching any game or application, the GPU loads under 100%. Here, I launch GTA San Andreas 2005 and after 5 minutes the discrete jumps under 100%. Moreover, it's...
  6. Windows 10 can open any applications!!!Help....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 can open any applications!!!Help....: Help I just got a windows 10 computer and Its was working fine yesterday but taday when I try to open something it wont open it shows its pulled up on the task bar and when I boot it it never shows any thing exept a blank screen instead of the windows 10 please wait but that...
  7. windows 10 is slow on opening any application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 is slow on opening any application: Hey I am a Windows 10 user and i bought my laptop few days back, after some days i am facing problems on opening any application in my laptop. When I ON my laptop it take more time to open welcome screen and when i open fie explorer, mail, settings, visual studio code or any...
  8. Crashes during GPU intensive applications

Crashes during GPU intensive applications: Hi everyone, I recently built a new system (specs see profile description) and have been having problems during gaming and video editing. I have a feeling it has something to do with my GPU, but I will let you guys be the judge of that :) I don't get a BSOD like I used to...
  9. Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application

Attaching any Office file Type to any application crashes the application: If I attempt to attach an excel or word doc file to a message in gmail in Chrome or Edge the browsers crash. If I try to attach an excel file to Slack or somewhere else, the application crashes after freezing....
  10. Windows 10 or GPU Crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 or GPU Crashing?: I've been having trouble lately with games randomly crashing. It's weird though how sometimes I can play for an hour without problems, then sometimes I'd play 15mins in and I'll crash. For example, in Overwatch, screen will just freeze but I can alt-tab easily, and open task...