Windows 10: Opening any kind of file or specific program gives me stopped working error

Discus and support Opening any kind of file or specific program gives me stopped working error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i try to open some any kind file, i get the "Program stopped working" error without displaying anything, neither the error message. The same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrea32_94, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Opening any kind of file or specific program gives me stopped working error

When i try to open some any kind file, i get the "Program stopped working" error without displaying anything, neither the error message. The same happens if i try to launch the program, but if right-click on the file and i go over "open with" -> "choose another app" and select the same program i tried to start before it opens the file without problems. How can i solve this problem?

:)

Andrea32_94, Apr 26, 2019
  2. KieX Win User

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Opening any kind of file or specific program gives me stopped working error

How to stop Internet Explorer from associating a file type with a specific program

How to stop Internet Explorer from associating a file type with a specific program? IE keeps associating itself with Adobe PDF documents even when I have done this a hundred times:

• Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button

Opening any kind of file or specific program gives me stopped working error 11899_en-us_8.jpg

and then clicking Default Programs.
    • Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Click the file type or protocol that you want the program to act as the default for.
    • Click Change program.
    • Click the program that you want to use as the default for the file type you selected,
    I have full blown Adobe program and if I can't find a way to stop this I will just uninstall IE and Edge. Chrome doesn't do this. Really frustrated with this.

James

James Canady, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Opening any kind of file or specific program gives me stopped working error

1. Opening any kind of file or specific program gives me stopped working error - Similar Threads - Opening kind file

2. I can't open any mp4s without it giving me a "file error -2147416359" notification.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open any mp4s without it giving me a "file error -2147416359" notification.: I've tried with every program now, and only Windows Media Player the one with the orange circle white triangle icon works. Everything else gives me the notification. I also am unable to click the option "Search with Microsoft Store" without the same notification popping up....
  3. I can't open any mp4s without it giving me a "file error -2147416359" notification.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open any mp4s without it giving me a "file error -2147416359" notification.: I've tried with every program now, and only Windows Media Player the one with the orange circle white triangle icon works. Everything else gives me the notification. I also am unable to click the option "Search with Microsoft Store" without the same notification popping up....
  4. I can't open any mp4s without it giving me a "file error -2147416359" notification.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?: Is there any option, such as a registry tweak or an app, that would show some kind of progress bars or notification when opening a program or accessing a file? I'd like to have this as an option when accessing my other PCs through network shares, since I don't like copying...
  6. Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Progress bar or any kind of notification when opening a file/program/folder?: Is there any option, such as a registry tweak or an app, that would show some kind of progress bars or notification when opening a program or accessing a file? I'd like to have this as an option when accessing my other PCs through network shares, since I don't like copying...
  7. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?: I am using GOM player as a media player, I am super comfortable with it that I don't want to ever change it, but it has one annoying feature which is opening their page on chrome after most of my watches (exactly when I close the GOM player window) How can I prevent only GOM...
  8. File System Error -1073741819 - Opening programs gives me this error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File System Error -1073741819 - Opening programs gives me this error.: My programs operated fine until this latest update of Windows V10.0 Build 18363. Now when I try to open many of my programs, I get the above error message and the programs just shut down....
  9. File Explorer not opening up in specific programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not opening up in specific programs: So basically my file explorer does not work on Spotify, Blizzard, Discord and Steam. Therefore, I am unable to change any profile pictures, playlist pictures, change file locations, post pictures, etc through these programs. This problem started occuring ever since I had to...
  10. Kindly give details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kindly give details: What is included in other windows settings in sync???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindly-give-details/c589f86c-34e9-469a-a6c7-febcbc9e5607"