Windows 10: Opening App Only Opens App Store Page

Discus and support Opening App Only Opens App Store Page in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to download a game from the app store after buying the game pass, but the game paused downloading right as it was about to finish. I left it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TuftTheTiny, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Opening App Only Opens App Store Page

I tried to download a game from the app store after buying the game pass, but the game paused downloading right as it was about to finish. I left it alone for about ten minutes and nothing happened, so I hit the button to pause and resume the download, at which point it told me the app was finished downloading. If i try to open the app though, it only takes me to store page for the app. I'd uninstall and reinstall the app, but it doesnt show up as installed anywhere I look

:)

TuftTheTiny, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Opening App Only Opens App Store Page :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 24, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Opening App Only Opens App Store Page

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Opening App Only Opens App Store Page

1. Opening App Only Opens App Store Page - Similar Threads - Opening App Opens

2. microsoft app store not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft app store not opening: Whenever I click the button/link, it does not open. It does this with several apps, like the calculator app. I uninstalled the calculator app but now I can't reinstall it When I go to reinstall from the browser version of the Microsoft app store, it doesn't open anything....
  3. cannot open app store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open app store: cannot open app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-app-store/868af4cf-cf7a-4638-b4fe-92fdb025d5a9
  4. Unable to open app/game pages on Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to open app/game pages on Microsoft Store: I am currently using Windows 10 Home Single Language Version Dev OS Build 21376.1. Ever since I downloaded this build, I am not able to open any app/game page. When I open Microsoft Store, I can only see its home page & when I try to open an app/game page to install it there...
  5. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  6. Microsoft App Store is not opening also app installed from app are not opening

Microsoft App Store is not opening also app installed from app are not opening: Microsoft App Store is not opening also app installed from app are not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-app-store-is-not-opening-also-app/1afb3636-4565-42c5-96c4-8c7624bde9dd
  7. App store not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App store not opening: after clicking the icon of app store the app opens and just after a moment it closes without showing any error dialog. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-store-not-opening/13a6fe6c-1e1a-4afb-8d37-9327671175bf"
  8. Opening an app opens the app store instead.

Opening an app opens the app store instead.: I am trying to open an app that I have on xbox ultimate but when I click on the app it opens the app store instead on the gaming services page. I have tried reinstalling gaming services. This appears to be intermittent as it's happened before and a couple of restarts...
  9. app store not opening

app store not opening: I have recently installed and have two profiles on laptop. One for my daughter and one for me, both login using Microsoft account. My daughter can open app store, but when I switch to my profile it wont open at all. Any ideas? 20638
  10. Store (beta) crashes when I open an app's page

Store (beta) crashes when I open an app's page: Hi, I am unable to download Windows apps through the Store because it crashes when I open an app's page inside the Store, either by clicking a link in a browser or by searching for the app and clicking a search result. I've Google'd this a bit but it doesn't seem to be...